Miles Cellar Door Update

BFS

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, who's in -- $5 a head -- on a pool for when this puppy finally sees the legal light of day in the U.S.?? I'll take Tue., March 21st, 2006 -- cuz that's the date closest to my birthday.

We get enough people, and the winner will get a free Cellar Door set of their very own!! :)

Pool closes two weeks from today (so on Nov. 21st). My idea, my rules. :g

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Any comments on the music from those who have heard it?

We might as well get people more excited about it!

Mmmm ... for me, it's a revelation ... I was somewhat lukewarm about this set when announced, but with a chance to listen, I'm blown away ... by Jarret's restraint and choices, Henderson is actually to swing in parts, and pardon my French, but Jack is so killing on this...

But the big thing so far is Gary Bartz ... he just plays some lovely things in the breakdowns sections, and Jack responds to him so well ...

It's just sad that it's hung up ...

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I listened, weak and weary,

To many a quaint and curious volume of Milesean lore,

While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,

As of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.

" 'Tis UPS!," I muttered, "bringing me my Cellar Door!";

Alas, it was only Vincent, quoth he "Nevermore!"

I had the money set aside back in September, but at this point, I'll just add my voice to the Chorus Of Moving On: I do not f*ing care anymore. It's been Basra-ed in my mind - I may buy it if I ever see it, I may not. I'm bloody curious why the formidable Mr. Wilburn is at odds with it, though, and what kind of production contract lets a cornflake get in the way.

Dude, I grew up in freakin' Gladewater, Texas, http://www.gladewaterchamber.com/ Believe me, I know those blue jackets quite well.

BTW - Mr. Allen's song is only partially accurate. Some kids really do want to live a life in agriculture, and more power to 'em. It's an damn honorable life if you ask me, and a good FFA program can give them a good grounding in what they need to go about it. We had such a program, and some such kids, at GHS back in the day.

However, as with all such things, the GIGO Principal can not be avoided, and that's where Mr. Allen's song comes into play....

oh yeah, i agree w/all that... even w/the politics tied up in agriculture, it's a serious biz & the folks i've known who tough it out-- it ain't easy $$$ even if you do alright-- get a lot of respect from me. really i was just takin' the FFA abbreviation into the Texas direction. that ain't one of Terry's major songs but a nice tune anyway & the album's second Pearl reference (Long Star gets a namecheck elsewhere too). ya'll ever do that goofy brewery tour down in San Antone?

Yeah those "don't plant on all them acres and we'll pay you " subsidies are really tough.

;)