Miles Cellar Door Update

BFS

Well, there's finally a UK release date for this and it's not until the end of October! :(:angry:

Don't these boxes get released same day worldwide?

Even with the late October date I'm not holding my breath that it will actually come out then. These things always seem to get put back. :excl:

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I don't have to cancel my order because I was able to get the low "mistake" price.

I have it on the same order ("ship together") as the new Monk/Trane, so this will probably be hung up as well. Shit!

Anyone know what's going on? I checked other sites and saw the 9/27 ship date was still there. It's been reviewed a lot already, so copies have apparently been circulating.

Yeah, me too Paul (along with the new Big Star CD). I am hoping they ship the Trane/Monk anyway ... otherwise I may end up with two copies.

I received this email from CD Universe today:

Dear Claude,

We regret to inform you that the street date for The Cellar Door Sessions

1970 by Davis, Miles

has been postponed indefinitely. When we receive new information

about this item we will update our website right away.

Please be aware that release dates may occasionally change and

are beyond our control. Your order will ship as soon as the product

becomes available from our suppliers.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

The Cellar Door releaase date drama goes on ...

I talked to Ed (don't know his last name) at Integrity 'N Music here in CT and he knows John Swed who wrote the Miles book So What. Anyway, Ed said that John had told him something about one of Miles' sons trying to stop this set from release, but he didn't know why. Just figured I'd pass that along if anyone can coroborate the story.

I hope I don't have to cancel my order because I was able to get the low "mistake" price.

I have it on the same order ("ship together") as the new Monk/Trane, so this will probably be hung up as well. Shit!

Anyone know what's going on? I checked other sites and saw the 9/27 ship date was still there. It's been reviewed a lot already, so copies have apparently been circulating.

Yeah, me too Paul (along with the new Big Star CD). I am hoping they ship the Trane/Monk anyway ... otherwise I may end up with two copies.

What's the new Big Star CD?

BTW, Alex Chilton was found alive and well in New Orleans... and in a bar (but of course).

I talked to Ed (don't know his last name) at Integrity 'N Music here in CT and he knows John Swed who wrote the Miles book So What. Anyway, Ed said that John had told him something about one of Miles' sons trying to stop this set from release, but he didn't know why. Just figured I'd pass that along if anyone can coroborate the story.

Sue Mingus need a husband?

I got the same one. I cancelled everything on the order EXCEPT the Miles, I'll just wait that one out. The other things I can get elsewhere, but I want to get the Miles there since I pre-ordered at the low price.

The wait continues....................

Is there any special procedure one needs to do to cancel a part of the order but keep the Miles set at the original low price?

Like others, I had the Monk/Coltrane disc in with the Cellar Door set and if I can't cancel it without losing the original $40 preorder price I'll probably end up picking it up in the store day of release and having two copies when/if the Cellar Door set ever ships.

On the plus side, this means that I will probably be getting the new Jelly Roll set which I didn't think I was going to be able to budget in pre-postponement.

What's the new Big Star CD?

BTW, Alex Chilton was found alive and well in New Orleans... and in a bar (but of course).

But of course :D

I think it is called "In Space" - includes the two guys from the Posies that have been playing with Chilton off/on for 10 years.

Most of the reviews I've seen are favorable ... not expecting great stuff, but I suspect it will be enjoyable.

PS - That Cellar Door news blows ... dumb, dumb, dumb!

Edited by Eric

If this is true, it seems to be happening pretty late in the production/distribution process. There are already a lot of copies floating around for review, promos, etc.

If they were going to stop it you'd think they'd have done so long before this point. They (Sony/Legacy) must have gotten permission to release this already, wouldn't you think? Or did they already own the tapes and didn't need permission from the estate?

Any other examples come to mind of something getting pulled at the last second?

If this is true, it seems to be happening pretty late in the production/distribution process. There are already a lot of copies floating around for review, promos, etc.

If they were going to stop it you'd think they'd have done so long before this point. They (Sony/Legacy) must have gotten permission to release this already, wouldn't you think? Or did they already own the tapes and didn't need permission from the estate?

Any other examples come to mind of something getting pulled at the last second?

Basra?