AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I just left our digital camara (3.1 megapixel with IBM mini drive to hold 250 high resolution pictures - prices have come down but this thing cost me a grand new) on the bumper of our SUV. Remembered putting it there about 5 minutes after my wife left to go to the store!!

Stupid! Stupid! STUPID!!!

There is no smiley that conveys the anguish I feel. Thanks for listening. Actually talking about it hasn't helped a bit.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

It can't be too far from home. Start walkin'.

I actually drove all the way to the mall following my wife's route but no luck. I was hoping to at least salvage the minidrive. I really thought I was going to find it at the end of my driveway. Nope!

scott,

sorry for your bad luck, but should'nt this be titled "ugghhh!"

or "doh!!"

"ahhhhhhhh!!!" sort of sounds like what i say while eating some good ice cream.

I see what you mean, I was going for more of the Charlie Brown missing the football for the 100th time.

I just walked about the first 1/2 of the route. I think if it made it that far, it probably made it to the mall where someone could have taken it off the bumper. My current theory is it fell off on our block and someone picked it up. (lots of walkers today)

If the "somebody" who picked it up is an honest soul, a good Lost & Found campaign (w/reward of course!) might very well retrieve it for you.

Yeah, our neighborhood is very friendly. If this is the case then word will get to Tina who will send out an email to everyone and we'll get it back. Then again about a year ago some teens on the prowl took a purse and diaper bag (WTF) out of our car while it was in our garage and took my wife's cell phone. So you never know.

I see what you mean, I was going for more of the Charlie Brown missing the football for the 100th time.

You mean "AUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!"

Yeah I thought you were getting a rub down, and were expressing the feelings. just kididng, im sorry. You'll get over it. I remember when I lost 75 bucks. Damn that was a killer.

a friend has a bad habit of NEVER locking his car doors went on vacation, they went to dinner and someone popped the trunk and took all their shit

he noticed his water bottle was on the curb by the car and didn't think anything of it until they got to the hotel and the trunk was empty

gone

brand new cell phone

pretty new digital camera

my friend now locks his shit up!!!!

tough way to learn a lesson

ss1

Edited by Soulstation1

i remember when i didn't buy all of the thad jones / mel lewis mosaics when they were still in print.

that was pretty stupid.

Ouch! That rings true! :o

(Also I once left a drink on the roof of my car.)

*Twice* I have walked home from somewhere I drove to, woke up the next day unable to find the car, and then reported my car stolen to the police. They just love me!

(Alcohol was not inolved in either case, beleive it or not)

--eric

Well, all's well that ends well.

I sent out an email to the neighborhood and got a reply that someone had found a camara and had sent an email out. For some reason I did not receive the email.

Anyway, as I suspected the camara was right in front of my driveway and my neighbors who were out walking picked it up. They must have passed in the 15 or so minutes between when my wife left and I looked for the camara!

Well, all's well that ends well.

I sent out an email to the neighborhood and got a reply that someone had found a camara and had sent an email out. For some reason I did not receive the email.

Anyway, as I suspected the camara was right in front of my driveway and my neighbors who were out walking picked it up. They must have passed in the 15 or so minutes between when my wife left and I looked for the camara!

Great news, Scott!

Couldn't have ended better. I trust the camera is undamaged?

I once left my briefcase in the parking lot of the bank. I had placed it on the ground before opening my car door and forgot to put it in the car.

I called the bank the next day, and luckily one of the tellers had picked it up. There had been some hesitation in that some people may have thought there was a bomb inside or something. But that was a very dumb thing for me to do. I had all kinds of important stuff in there (along with a bunch of crap.)

Whewww! Somehow, these things work out. I'm really glad to hear you got your camera back. We can learn from these close calls.

Here's an awful story for you: As a favor I played a solo piano gig at the wedding reception of a friend's sister. My buddy was drafted into working as the wedding videographer, since the parents of the bride were being cheap. Very important fact that will be of relevance later: the reception was held at the Rusty Pelican, one of those Miami restaurants that have a small "moat" and fountains separating the restaurant from the parking lot, with a little footbridge connecting the two.

Anyway, things start winding down and everyone starts packing up their stuff to go. My friend sees that I've got my backpack on (for carrying my Real Book) and asks to stick the $800 camcorder in there so he can free his hands for carrying out other stuff. I forget that my backpack's zipper is broken. If closed on the "wrong" side, the teeth gradually open. So we head downstairs to get our cars from the valet...there's a long line and we sit down outside to smoke some cigars. About 10 minutes pass and the valet calls out to me that my car is all set. At the exact moment I cross the footbridge to the parking lot, I sling my backpack over my shoulder, only to see a large object flying out from the corner of my eye. Splash! My buddy, who's 6'3", had to be held by his ankles to fish the camera out, the water was so deep.

Somehow, this story had a happy ending. The tape of the whole wedding ended up being salvageable, with only one small blip, and the bride's dad managed to finagle himself a replacement camcorder for free, despite the warranty being void in case of water damage (a long story in itself). And the bride's dad didn't strangle me! :)

Edited by Big Wheel