Kenny Garrett

RDK

2 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

Additionally, I found the drummer (Ronald Bruner Jr, former member of the hardcore trash band Suicidal Tendencies) absolutely unlistenable

Oh wow! That's him. My wife nicknamed him "Monster" after the muppet. He wrecked a couple of tunes, although not as hard as the incompetent calabash playing by the other percussionists.

4 hours ago, Pim said:

Than the public was invited to dance for like half an hour on a breakbeat which became a little tiring…. That’s not my thing 

That was the only bit of the concert which I really enjoyed. At least the thing had a groove.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw him last year and he did play "Happy People" for what seemed like a half hour at the end of the set and I thought it was fun. I think he only played piano on one tune at that show though. I wasn't that impressed by it so I doubt I would have wanted to a whole set with it.

I suppose if it's working for Nicholas Payton, maybe Garrett can make it work too?