Early Roscoe Mitchell Session

Jim Dye

Someone is coming up with a lot of interesting stuff at easytree lately.

Roscoe Mitchell

aborted album session

prob. Chicago, IL

Roscoe Mitchell - reeds

Alvin Fielder - drums

Malachi Favors - bass

Fred Berry (poss. Billy Brimfield)- trumpet

The personnel on the aborted Mitchell session is RM, Favors, Alvin Fielder and a trumpeter that is the subject of some controversy. The tape didn't have a name, somewhere on some internet disco, they list Billy Brimfield. According to my friend and favorite underappreciated musician, Charlie Kohlhase, in a recent interview, Alvin Fielder gave another name Fred Berry.

I'm not sure whether having this stuff circulate is cool or not. My feelings fall somewhere between B-) and :angry: .

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck, there's not much info at the easytree link.  It only lists "3 songs, 18 minutes"... 

http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=33903

Yeah, try to get on. I tried.

What are the tunes and timings?

Hmm. Guess you have to register to see the details. Didn't know that. From the vague description, the titles are unknown. I can download this tonight and send you a copy... ^_^

I would imagine the moderators at easytree took it down after reading our own relyles' post that the artist didn't wish the session to be spread.

For what it is worth, after my posts I received a message from the person that uploaded the recording to easytree, Carville, that he was not aware of the dubious source of the recording and that he voluntarily requested the moderators to remove the torrent.

For what it is worth, after my posts I received a message from the person that uploaded the recording to easytree, Carville, that he was not aware of the dubious source of the recording and that he voluntarily requested the moderators to remove the torrent.

Yes, Carville registered here and contacted me via the board to give me the news.