Are all boards this cantankerous?

medjuck

Somebody on that Speakeasy thread referenced a Christian archery bulletin board (crossbowsforchrist.com) shutting down because the members began to threaten one another... I tell ya, what's the world coming to? :o^_^

Your post reminded me of Monty Python's 'Life of Brian'.

Indeed what is the world coming to?

Che.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody on that Speakeasy thread referenced a Christian archery bulletin board (crossbowsforchrist.com) shutting down because the members began to threaten one another... I tell ya, what's the world coming to?  :o  ^_^

Che.

The crossbow site reminds me of something that outta turn up HERE:

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/

this is REALLY "goofy stuff on the web "

:tup:tup:tup

I post on many sites:

JC, Organissimo, AAJ, I hate music, Good Music Guide (classical music), freejazz.com, bagatellen, the aebersold forum, sax on the web, I love music, etc.

They are all the same. There can be flameouts on any board. And yes, on other subjects it can get much much worse. Believe it or not I have seen much worse all out war on plant forums (I used to frequent plant listservers when I worked as a botanists). For some reason jazz people tend to be more polite than plant freaks. Go figure.

As it stands now, jazz corner and organissimo match my interests the best.

Somebody on that Speakeasy thread referenced a Christian archery bulletin board (crossbowsforchrist.com) shutting down because the members began to threaten one another... I tell ya, what's the world coming to?  :o  ^_^

Che.

The crossbow site reminds me of something that outta turn up HERE:

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/

this is REALLY "goofy stuff on the web "

:tup:tup:tup

All together now:

"Always look on the bright side of life....."

Che. ;)

JC Update:

JC's "Should I close Speakeasy" thread has been re-named "Should I close The Alley and Politics."

It would appear that at least one poster to this thread has had his post removed. Now all they need is one disparaging comment on Wynton and pop-up apologist Damen will come trolling through the tangled mess.

Personally, I hope it gets straightened out, but--like Moose--I think it would be nice to have the good guys (of both genders) come over here.

I vote for "it's the Internet" for all the reasons cited above :g

Check out any of the Yahoo message boards for public companies - stock dips 5% and all kinds of anonymous loons start coming out of the woodwork to call for someone's balls :ph34r:

I vote for "it's the Internet" for all the reasons cited above :g

Check out any of the Yahoo message boards for public companies - stock dips 5% and all kinds of anonymous loons start coming out of the woodwork to call for someone's balls :ph34r:

Well I vote for a small number of individuals who seem indifferent of any views different from their own :P

Che.

For some reason jazz people tend to be more polite than plant freaks. Go figure.

I think it might have something to do with the plants involved...

Oh believe me, these guys are not that cool.

Actually if they did grow more of that kinda plant, they might be a little more chill.

And HOW DARE YOU insinutate that I TOO would not at all mind seeing more of the JCers as members of this board, even if it came as a result of the loss of the JC, although, if I had to guess, I'd imagine that if the JC did close -- and I'm guessing it won't --  many of the JC crew might find a better fit over at the I Hate Music site, which has its tie-in with Bagatellen, although, the more mainstream listeners would be right at home here BUT an influx of the more out listeners would be oh-so-welcome.

Again, shame on you for having such thoughts.

:unsure:

I don't think JC is going to cease operations, but it's true that if it did, I would attempt to divert eai discussion to I Hate Music instead of here. one thing that's very nice about IHM is that the two moderators are extremely involved in posting also, so they're very quick to realize when someone's crossed the line, or sometimes to stop things before they ever get to that point. it's the best resource for music discussion (admittedly primarily experimental) I've ever been a part of.

I will say that the tenor of pretty much every discussion I've ever been involved in here (keeping in mind I only look at a couple of threads) has been far more pleasant than on JC.

Interesting thread over at JC. I particularly like this quote from Kevin Bresnahan:

What is going on in cyberspace these days? First Organissimo almost implodes and now this?

We almost imploded? :huh: Uh, when? A little exagerration there, doncha think?

Maybe wishful thinking on his part...... :unsure:

Check out any discussion board revolving around any Southeastern Conference athletic program. It's as though Benny and Vardamon lept off of Faulkner's pages to hurl insults at one another in cyberspace. It's Darwin's waiting room in VBB.

I haven't posted here is a while but this thread caught my interest.

I think that many of you hit the nail on the head that flaming is just part of the net. It will always be there and probably gets out of hand opnce in a while.

I regularly post on JC and have a lot of friends there, many of whom I see here. There are just a few individuals who seem to need to exercise what I can only see as very immature behaviour, regardless of their age.

I think Lois is overreacting. I hope she chills out.

Edited by clinthopson

• Good to see you over here, Clint. Breathe in the relatively fresh pink pixels before returning to the corner (if return you must). The big "O" is Scott free and although "Rainy" has reared her confused head here, too, I believe she has yet to label anyone a racist--of course she had introduced the subject, but that's par for her course.

Most of us become cantankerous on occasion, then there is a short chain reaction, but when it is over and the air has cleared, good things often happen. The wall that divided us still stands, but we can now see over it, to the other side. I find that sort of thing happening here more than on the corner, and I attribute much of that to the management. You are, IMO absolutely right about Lois, she does overreact and she should chill out.

I think that many of you hit the nail on the head that flaming is just part of the net.  It will always be there and probably gets out of hand opnce in a while.

I regularly post on JC and have a lot of friends there, many of whom I see here.  There are just a few individuals who seem to need to exercise what I can only see as very immature behaviour, regardless of their age.

I think Lois is overreacting.  I hope she chills out.

Hi Clint:

I too , post over here as well as JC and yes, I do enjoy the fact that it seems the overall

atmosphere in general is a bit more copacetic.

Flaming and bad demeanor are a part and parcel of the i/net ..and I admit to losing my cool as well on various occasions, but music seems to be more of a focus over here.

I too think Lois ocaasionally gets to get a bit weird, but basically I love her, and she's helped me a lot with my website over there.

BTW: Danny D HAS posted over here on various occasions and to the best of my knowledge, is still deemed acceptable .

Maybe you and I can convince him to show up more often ( being funny and knowledgeable , and bagging the miscogynous b*****t!

:w:w:w

Edited by SGUD missile

I think that many of you hit the nail on the head that flaming is just part of the net.  It will always be there and probably gets out of hand opnce in a while.

I regularly post on JC and have a lot of friends there, many of whom I see here.  There are just a few individuals who seem to need to exercise what I can only see as very immature behaviour, regardless of their age.

I think Lois is overreacting.  I hope she chills out.

Hi Clint:

I too , post over here as well as JC and yes, I do enjoy the fact that it seems the overall

atmosphere in general is a bit more copacetic.

Flaming and bad demeanor are a part and parcel of the i/net ..and I admit to losing my cool as well on various occasions, but music seems to be more of a focus over here.

I too think Lois ocaasionally gets to get a bit weird, but basically I love her, and she's helped me a lot with my website over there.

BTW: Danny D HAS posted over here on various occasions and to the best of my knowledge, is still deemed acceptable .

Maybe you and I can convince him to show up more often ( being funny and knowledgeable , and bagging the miscogynous b*****t!

:w:w:w

Phil,

I think our buddy was kicked here.

Too bad, that guy has forgotten more about jazz than most of us will ever know. Plus we've experienced his generosity and in most cases, have no problem with his writing.

And we always hear from him about the newest residents in Vermont. :D

"Rainy" and Scott both here? That does not bode well. They are both being raked over the coals at JC right now, and it looks as if the former is finally realizing that she can't intimidate everyone with her ancestral flag-waving. She is practically begging to have a thread killed, ostensibly because it is unmasking her.

Ooops! I guess I should not admit to having read the thread--it will be construed as "stalking" her! :g