Are all boards this cantankerous?

medjuck

"Rainy" and Scott both here? That does not bode well. They are both being raked over the coals at JC right now, and it looks as if the former is finally realizing that she can't intimidate everyone with her ancestral flag-waving. She is practically begging to have a thread killed, ostensibly because it is unmasking her.

Ooops! I guess I should not admit to having read the thread--it will be construed as "stalking" her! :g

Hey Chris,

When's your new Bessie book due out? Or Have I missed it again?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Rainy" and Scott both here? That does not bode well. They are both being raked over the coals at JC right now, and it looks as if the former is finally realizing that she can't intimidate everyone with her ancestral flag-waving.  She is practically begging to have a thread killed, ostensibly because it is unmasking her.

Ooops! I guess I should not admit to having read the thread--it will be construed as "stalking" her!  :g

Hey Chris,

When's your new Bessie book due out? Or Have I missed it again?

You missed it, Clint. Well, it came out last summer and is still available. The paperback version will be published this spring.

Thanks for bringing it up! :g

Che with all due respect, you've only been here for a month. I'm glad you've never found it to be cantankerous in your 40 days here. Alot of folks here have been chatting with one another for 4-5 years, and more in some cases.

And on the subject of the thread, excepting the Politics forum, this board isn't cantankerous at all, I don't believe.

I find it interesting, because in "real" life, most people don't continually discuss or argue politics with friends and associates who have differing opinions and beliefs than themselves. At least that's been my experience. Yet we continue to bait each other here, and seemingly on purpose. I don't really see the point, to be honest.

My sister and I don't see eye to eye on certain things, and we know not to discuss those topics with each other when we visit. All it has the effect of doing is to make the things we don't have in common become a barrier between us, instead of strengthening the bonds through the things we have in common.

Che with all due respect, you've only been here for a month. I'm glad you've never found it to be cantankerous in your 40 days here. Alot of folks here have been chatting with one another for 4-5 years, and more in some cases.

And on the subject of the thread, excepting the Politics forum, this board isn't cantankerous at all, I don't believe.

I find it interesting, because in "real" life, most people don't continually discuss or argue politics with friends and associates who have differing opinions and beliefs than themselves. At least that's been my experience. Yet we continue to bait each other here, and seemingly on purpose. I don't really see the point, to be honest.

My sister and I don't see eye to eye on certain things, and we know not to discuss those topics with each other when we visit. All it has the effect of doing is to make the things we don't have in common become a barrier between us, instead of strengthening the bonds through the things we have in common.

Thanks for your comments.

40 days or four or five years, I guess we all have opinions!

Che.

"Che with all due respect, you've only been here for a month. I'm glad you've never found it to be cantankerous in your 40 days here. Alot of folks here have been chatting with one another for 4-5 years, and more in some cases."

And the point is?

Che.

To answer the question in the thread, I just came from my closed police/crime chat group where a community council head, ususally the voice of peace and reason, just took a direct shot at a city staffer (that many of us loathe). Basically called her a liar. Maybe it's post full moon fever. Everyone is uptight.

I find it interesting, because in "real" life, most people don't continually discuss or argue politics with friends and associates who have differing opinions and beliefs than themselves.  At least that's been my experience.  Yet we continue to bait each other here, and seemingly on purpose.  I don't really see the point, to be honest.

My sister and I don't see eye to eye on certain things, and we know not to discuss those topics with each other when we visit.  All it has the effect of doing is to make the things we don't have in common become a barrier between us, instead of strengthening the bonds through the things we have in common.

"Che with all due respect, you've only been here for a month. I'm glad you've never found it to be cantankerous in your 40 days here. Alot of folks here have been chatting with one another for 4-5 years, and more in some cases."

And the point is?

Che.

amazon forests and splinters in eyes and asses

I find it interesting, because in "real" life, most people don't continually discuss or argue politics with friends and associates who have differing opinions and beliefs than themselves.  At least that's been my experience.  Yet we continue to bait each other here, and seemingly on purpose.  I don't really see the point, to be honest.

My sister and I don't see eye to eye on certain things, and we know not to discuss those topics with each other when we visit.  All it has the effect of doing is to make the things we don't have in common become a barrier between us, instead of strengthening the bonds through the things we have in common.

And the point is?

Che.

amazon forests and splinters in eyes and asses

:g:g:g