What cd/Lp have you played the most often?

medjuck

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably Take Five followed by Mingus Ah Um.

Not sure about rock/pop. The Beatles would definitely be up there, though the CDs that I would play over and over in the same week are Everclear "Sparkle and Fade" and Louie Says "Gravity, Suffering, Love, and Fate" (I think this got deleted in some label purge or contract disagreement but it is an amazing pop album if you ever track it down).

EAI- Yoshihide, M, Nakamura: Good Morning, Good Night

Jeez, your high-frequency sensitivity must be taking a beating if that's in heavy rotation in your house. Just listening to it straight through is enough to get my ears tingling. Interesting disc but it's definitely not one I pull out lightly.

I truthfully have no idea what I've listened to most over the years.

Edited by Nate Dorward

When I was 12-13 I listened to The Beatles A LOT (all albums equally frequently, with slight preference to "Revolver") - although I don't listen to their stuff nearly as much now, I proibably still haven't cought up listenig this mch to any other disc.

When I was 14 I listened to Pink Floyd "The Wall" for a year or so nearly every day - there is no way I will ever be able to catch up with this with any other album (even though it is very unlikely I will listen to "The Wall" ever again).

If you take more "mature" years, these two will share the first position - and are very likely to keep it in the years to come:

B0000009T2.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000003W6M.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Interestingly enough, the second disc was bough basically accidentally - this was my first CD I bought myself. I had money only or one CD, so I confusingly browsed in a store and liked the cover of this one (having been vaguely familiar with Prokofiev's name), tried it in store and loved it. The two young guys who perform on it are absolutely unknown - but whatever performance of Prokofiev violin sonatas I've heard later (and I heard at least 5 of them), including some by very big names, they cannot overshadow this one for me.

That's a very hard question to answer. It's probably be one of these:

John Coltrane - "A Love Supreme"

Miles Davis - "Miles Smiles"

Jimi Hendrix - "Axis Bold As Love"

Okay Temiz's Oriental Wind - "Chila Chila"

McCoy Tyner - "Expansions"

Didnt think I got more than 1 shot at this, but since you all give multiple choice answers so factor in Quicksilvers Happy Trails and Big Brothers Cheap Thrills.

Since I only seriously began buying jazz about 10 years ago, and I am now 52, I cannot seriously say that any single jazz album is up there in the frequency stakes but Mingus Ah Um is getting there!

Jeez, your high-frequency sensitivity must be taking a beating if that's in heavy rotation in your house. Just listening to it straight through is enough to get my ears tingling. Interesting disc but it's definitely not one I pull out lightly.

Same thoughts.

I truthfully have no idea what I've listened to most over the years.

I really have played that more than any other EAI, but that is nothing. Number two is probably Do.

Che, my son loves Back in Black, always wondered where I went wrong as a parent... ;)

Tony.

My sons, daughter and wife hate the album.

They much prefer Rap, Robbie Williams etc etc.

I wonder where I went wrong as a parent :D

Che.

Che, my son loves Back in Black, always wondered where I went wrong as a parent... ;)

I have a lot of AC/DC the music is so good and this album I aways return to.

Che.

Well, if we're talking about our ENTIRE lives...then jazz doesn't quite enter into it yet for me...still has alot of catching up to do with some of these titles...

First album I played until I wore it out and had my Mother buy me another copy...

c52477k49po.jpg

Followed by 3 albums my Mother turned me onto that forever changed my life...I've had multiple copies of each (LP, Cassette, CD)...

f57261abwgi.jpg

d66066h3a55.jpg

d68470t6tjg.jpg

and finally...two more of my own discovery that I've been listening to since I was around 10 and still jam today.

c31045w56c1.jpg

e90917w9hct.jpg

Che, if your wife prefers Robbie Williams and Rap I wonder where her parents parenting went wrong! :P

Now MY Mum turned me on to RocknRoll and Ska! (It helped that we lived in Hackney for the Ska!-I can remember the West indians cruising up and down on a sunday afternoon in their cars with the sound systems blaring in the early 60s pre My Boy Lollipop days!)

Che, if your wife prefers Robbie Williams and Rap I wonder where her parents parenting went wrong! :P

Now MY Mum turned me on to RocknRoll and Ska! (It helped that we lived in Hackney for the Ska!-I can remember the West indians cruising up and down on a sunday afternoon in their cars with the sound systems blaring in the early 60s pre My Boy Lollipop days!)

Tony.

I always had doubts about my in-laws :rolleyes:

I grew up with Punk and later the 'Madchester' scene, for the life of me I have no idea how Robbie fits into this ;)

Che.