Keith Jarrett At The Blue Note

Out of the 5 "extended" standard performances on the set this is actually my least favorite!

As an overall extended piece, I don't like it as much as Autumn Leaves or Your Own Sweet Way, but I still love it by any other standard. (pardon that)

Desert Sun is a long haul, but I've enjoyed that too on a few occasions.

I think one of the best extended standards they ever recorded was The Song is You on STILL LIVE. That's tremendous from start to finish.

One of the most beautiful moments of the set is when they ease into Green Dolphin St. with a little vamp, from which the theme springs so casually. The jam that occurs in the outro is nice, too.

Out of the 5 "extended" standard performances on the set this is actually my least favorite!

The low point of the box for me is "Desert Sun". Waaaaaaaay too long for something that repetitive.

Guy

huh. one of my favorite pieces of the entire box

One of the most beautiful moments of the set is when they ease into Green Dolphin St. with a little vamp, from which the theme springs so casually. The jam that occurs in the outro is nice, too.

The low point of the box for me is "Desert Sun". Waaaaaaaay too long for something that repetitive.

Guy

huh. one of my favorite pieces of the entire box

Agree re: Desert Sun. Love those "repetitive" Jarrett vamps... :cool: