THE RETURN OF QUARTET OUT

JSngry

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe they should change their name to Quart of Oil cause everytime I hear them it's like getting my fluids change. I always feel like someone's opened both door of the gas chamber and let a whole bunch of fresh air wash out the stench of every day music.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN STRAIGHT!!!

I know what you mean about dennis.  he has such a mad butcher approach to the drums, flailing and flailing and every cut comes out perfectly...whether prime rib or rump roast...it is as he hears it in its purest energy form.

Legend has it that QO is no longer allowed to play at White Rock Lake because the airline pilots trying land in and take off from nearby Love Field complained about the noise level from one of Dennis’s drum solos!

so...another white rock rhythms at the bath house cultural center on white rock lake is history...which resulted in some pix you might be interested in. as a smooth transition, here's dennis in a furious moment.......

THAT was the kind of picture I was trying to capture! Great shot of the man in action!

Is there a website or a schedule for these White Rock Rhythm shows? If it's a regular gig (and especially if it's outdoors), I'd love to catch some of these shows!

http://www.bathhousecultural.com

normally, it's a first sunday series, though, in may, we'll be on the 8th cause we're having a touring act. this is something of a letter of introduction from paul, cool local bassist...

Kim,

I was hoping you might be able to help me get a venue for Brain Allen and Rueben Radding to play at here in Dallas. They are going to be passing through May 8, 9, 10 and asked me if I could help them out. Rueben Radding is an amazing acoustic bass player from New York, who made an fantastic duo album with Daniel Carter last year and who is on a few John Zorn and Dave Douglas records as well.

I thought the Bath House would be a great venue for them. I don't know if you've booked first Sunday for May yet, but I think they would be a great fit. If not, I could really use you're expertise, experience and connections in finding them a venue.

Thanks,

Paul Unger

Edited by porkerdavis

and thanks for the compliment re:  the drew shot.  he's so...wiggly...it's hard to take a clear shot of him.  especially from any distance.  those were all from about 20 feet.  thank you, zeiss lens on my sony cybershot.

Yes, this is great news!

For those outside Dallas, the Bath House Cultural Center

is right off of a place known as White Rock Lake which is quite

beautiful. A nice place for biking and/or hiking (I'm less than a mile away,

and try to bike around the lake on at least 3 or 4 days of the week).

White Rock

A Zeiss on a Cybershot? How come mine don't look like that? Which one?

Thanks Kim!