Mosaic Select - Shank and Brookmeyer

Re: Paul Quinichette: does anyone else dig his work on the Mel Powell Vanguard sides? I think they were a really fine combination.

Clem

I do. Beautiful music. Mel Powell also did a similar trio date with Ruby Braff for Vanguard.

Mel Powell is another artist who needs to be reevaluated.

I'm exited that Brookmeyer's albums "Traditionalism Revisited" and "Kansas City Revisited" will be back in print - missed them the first time around. As far as I remember, Paul Quinichette is on one of them, one of my top five tenor favourites.

There was an Excellent album on United Artists under Pauls leadership,, I really can't remember the Album title but there was some confusion over one tune

The Holy Main

or was it

The Holy Man

Typical Basie type group

If Select can find others to couple with it, I would like to see it rise to the surface.

Traditionalism Revisited is available at the Graveyard Mall for $6.99. I asked for it for my birthday from the wife. :rhappy:

I can't wait to hear it--my interest stems from the inclusion of Jimmy Giuffre. :tup

I ordered a copy of this just a few weeks ago, but it was out of stock. I was able to get Andrew Hill's "Eternal Spirit" (with Greg Osby!) and Joe Lovano's "Landmarks," but the Brookmeyer was unavailable. Glad that I'll be able to get it as part of the Select!