Favorite recent vinyl purchases??

wolff

Due to recent economic situation I turned myself in a annoying guest, begging for old and forgotten records. Some friends and relatives are happy to get rid of them, and of me, I presume.

So I got some classical and pop/rock stuff in these days, for free.

Times like these are great to familiarize myself with the great records I already have, rather than constantly dragging new things into the house.

So do I, listening my existing collection. If I consider my age and the free time I have for listening music, I probably will never listen to any of my records more then a dozen of times.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to recent economic situation I turned myself in a annoying guest, begging for old and forgotten records. Some friends and relatives are happy to get rid of them, and of me, I presume.

Times like these are great to familiarize myself with the great records I already have, rather than constantly dragging new things into the house.

So do I, listening my existing collection. If I consider my age and the free time I have for listening music, I probably will never listen to any of my records more then a dozen of times.

Look forward to your retirement, young sir. Frees up a LOT of time for listening.

The recently acquired LP I've been enjoying most is

John Wright - Makin' out - Prestige

Didn't think I'd find a pic of this, but here 'tis

00-0001-0958.jpg

('Course, I've got a bunch from Dan Gould on the way, so I may post a few more here soon :))

MG

Went to a record clearout sale the other day, and among a host of 60s/70s/80s jazz reissue LPs (mostly Swing) I dug out a bunch of very nice EP originals with picture covers and in very clean condition:

Terry Gibbs - Terry (EmArcy)

Lennie Tristano - Capitol Jazz Classics series

Lee Konitz - Inside Hi-Fi

Benny Goodman - B.G. In Hi-Fi Vols. 1 to 4

Sonny Stitt (Roost masters issued on Sonet)

Harry Arnold big band on Metronome

Jazz West Coast Vol. 4

Buddy Collette (on Sonet)

etc. etc.

Sure, some tracks duplicate what I've already got on LP/CD but at 1 (ONE!) Euro each, how can you go wrong?

Edited by Big Beat Steve

Look forward to your retirement, young sir. Frees up a LOT of time for listening.

MG

Indeed, I save those Blue Note's big bucks for my retirement. ;)

Will the genaration collect vinyl records ? Not sure...

Don't know, but I am sure I'll get more money from 'The Sidewinder' rather then Lehman Brothers' bond.

Am I missing something? I just spent $$$ on a couple of pieces...

I found a couple of sealed OJC pressings that I was surprised to see in the racks.

This Is Walt Dickerson! (his first lp)

Gumbo - Pony Poindexter w/Booker Ervin According to my Goldmine book I now have all three of his albums and the other two are originals. I'm not expecting to run into an original Gumbo anytime soon so I decided to buy it. At $9.00 they seemed reasonably priced.

I also picked up two George Russell albums, Live In An American Time Spiral and The Stratus Seekers.

Edited by six string