The Gasoline Blues

well, this new gas situation is leading to a lot of special promotions - the other day I went into my local station and there was no price posted; the guy said "if you can guess the price you can have sex for free." So I guessed and he said, "sorry," and I left. I was driving by the place a few days later with my wife - I said "those guys are offering sex if you can guess the right price, but I think the whole contest is fixed." "Oh no, I don't think so," she said. "I won three times last week."

:lol:

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember all the "experts" that said we would never see gas prices south of $4.00 again??? Remember all the times in previous price spikes where they said it would go up $4.00, and it didn't??? Experts don't know shit most of the time. But they still get to call themselves experts.

I saw $1.50 yesterday, it brought a tear to me eye.

The experts also didn't expect that the world would enter its most severe economic downturn since the 1930s... Once the global economy recovers, energy prices will be high again.

Guy

• 2 years later...
  • 6 years later...

If I convert the gas price over here to $ per gallon, I've never paid less than $6.00 for the last six years.

American cars are close to non-existent here, and lack of fuel economy compared to most European cars is one (but maybe not the only) reason.

Edited by Daniel A

I loved my Civic but it was a lease so I traded it in for a used Nissan Leaf, and I'm very pleased with it. Even though the Civic had great mileage (around 38-40 mpg), I was still having to fill it every 10 days, at around $18-19 each time. And, with yet another oil change coming up, I decided it was time to leave gas engines behind (mostly; wife's car is an old fashioned ICE) and go electric. I can easily make my round trip commute of 34 miles without charging, and when I have to, I have free charging at work! And I'm surprised at the acceleration! I actually don't hate driving anymore (for now, anyway)