What Are You Watching

Just re-watched season 3 of Breaking Bad on disc in anticipation of season 4 starting soon. I love this show.

Great show, thanks for the heads up on the new season. I didn't know it was due to start.

Like your Third Man avatar.

Thanks. The 4th season is supposed to start on July 17th if I recall correctly.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 3.

Netflix finally got around to adding TNG to their streaming offerings. I haven't seen this series since it went off the air in the 90's. Decided to start with Season 3 (because that's when it got it's footing). Quite enjoyable still, with great characters.

Netflix finally got around to adding TNG to their streaming offerings. I haven't seen this series since it went off the air in the 90's. Decided to start with Season 3 (because that's when it got it's footing). Quite enjoyable still, with great characters.

Thanks for that post; I couldn't remember when it started getting good and was afraid to risk it; I'll start with 3.

Thanks for that post; I couldn't remember when it started getting good and was afraid to risk it; I'll start with 3.

Perfect place to start. (Fourth season may be even better, but every season after that is a further step down. Don't miss the episode with Jean Simmons.)

Edited by BruceH

BTW, two or three nights ago a channel was having a Twilight Zone marathon thanks to which I finally managed to catch the episode that was directed by Jacques Tourneur. The one where an old woman kept getting mysterious calls; well, the story was typically lame, but the direction was good. Someone (was it Kalo?) once said that Tourneur always seemed to create worlds that you could step right into and inhabit, and that was true here as well.

24362028429450968776.png

Been through 1-4 so far.

Greatly enjoying these. Despite cramming entire books into two episodes and making the odd change here and there, these seem very faithful to the books. Brodie is a bit more 'he-man' than I remember him - there's more of a sense of haplessly stumbling into trouble and then chasing after it on instinct in the books; here he's more of a standard good guy going after the baddies.

Very nice photography of Edinburgh and its environs (with the odd trip into Yorkshire).

And the soundtrack - Lucinda Williams, Gillian Welch, Eliza Gilkyson etc (all referenced in the books) - is marvellous. No bagpipes and ceilidh fiddles!

Edited by A Lark Ascending

i have my awesome older sister to blame for my current embarrassing guilty pleasure:

vm-Veronica-Mars-splash_5942.jpg

thoroughly ridiculous, quite possibly offensive and morally objectionable, often totally silly, and i'm completely enjoying it. when deciding what to rent at the video store w/ her father the 17 year old main character says, "There's only so many times a girl can watch Slapshot, ya know what I'm sayin'?," i was hooked. don't know why, but i love that line. and the cutesie/snark/sarcasm factor gets overdone sometimes, but generally the show is written very smartly. pure fun.

Edited by thedwork

i have my awesome older sister to blame for my current embarrassing guilty pleasure:

vm-Veronica-Mars-splash_5942.jpg

thoroughly ridiculous, quite possibly offensive and morally objectionable, often totally silly, and i'm completely enjoying it. when deciding what to rent at the video store w/ her father the 17 year old main character says, "There's only so many times a girl can watch Slapshot, ya know what I'm sayin'?," i was hooked. don't know why, but i love that line. and the cutesie/snark/sarcasm factor gets overdone sometimes, but generally the show is written very smartly. pure fun.

It's a great show, I fell in love with it almost instantly. Then, right after I finished the 3 seasons of Veronica Mars I started watching Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. What do those two shows have in common? They don't care what "17 year olds" are supposed to act like or talk like, they are just the vehicles for a very talented group of writers to express their opinions on life, love..and in Buffy's case, vampires, demons and other things that go bump in the night. And both shows do it with humor and class, without ever turning down their noses at either the characters or the subject matter.

Veronica Mars was a great series. . . I missed it on broadcast, but have the dvd sets.

Buffy. . . well I really have an aversion to vampire and zombie and demon stuff. . . I can only watch a little once in a blue moon. Concentrated doses in that show just keeps me from getting into it.

Right now I'm watching Leverage Season Three and Weeds Season Six.

My temporary flirtation with TV shows is at an end, back to watching MOVIES.

Bet that resolution soon bites the dust, the new season of Damages has just started !

feat-People---Rose-Byrne-1.jpg

Yeah, I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD, I only have local broadcast HD channels.

None of the villains on that show are anywhere as evil as Close' character...she's one seriously evil corrupt bitch! Of course, that's one of the main reasons it's so entertaining.

I still haven't seen Season 3 yet, maybe one of these days Netflix will get around to adding that to their streaming offerings. So far only 1 & 2 are available.

Just re-watched season 3 of Breaking Bad on disc in anticipation of season 4 starting soon. I love this show.

Great show, thanks for the heads up on the new season. I didn't know it was due to start.

No Mad Men this summer, so I started watching Breaking Bad. Amazingly great show! Talk about noir! Looks like my summer is saved.

No Mad Men this summer, so I started watching Breaking Bad. Amazingly great show! Talk about noir! Looks like my summer is saved.