What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night's "first half of the final season" ending of Breaking Bad.

Best episode of the season. Less cartoonish, consolidated the whole season and once again took us in an unexpected direction. Again this could have been a series ending, until the final scene. I love how the dangling bit of the book has turned into the catalyst of his downfall. Hank had to keep the book on hand because it bolstered him up, Gayle's dedication made him feel important as a chemist "artiste." And that has proven to begin his downfall.

And we saw the CT "scanning". . . this could be a sign that the cancer has returned, or not. Like that extra bit of suspense added.

Oh, and FINALLY they use "Crystal Blue Persuasion" -- a friend of mine has been waiting four seasons for this.

Now the long wait begins for the final eight.

Last night's "first half of the final season" ending of Breaking Bad.

Best episode of the season. Less cartoonish, consolidated the whole season and once again took us in an unexpected direction. Again this could have been a series ending, until the final scene. I love how the dangling bit of the book has turned into the catalyst of his downfall. Hank had to keep the book on hand because it bolstered him up, Gayle's dedication made him feel important as a chemist "artiste." And that has proven to begin his downfall.

And we saw the CT "scanning". . . this could be a sign that the cancer has returned, or not. Like that extra bit of suspense added.

Oh, and FINALLY they use "Crystal Blue Persuasion" -- a friend of mine has been waiting four seasons for this.

Now the long wait begins for the final eight.

Right, it was a really good end. I wonder how long we have to wait for the final eight episodes ?

Started rewatching The Shield Season 5.

the_shield_s5_box.jpg

I've got a recommendation (I think) for those of you who have both a taste for pop-culture parody and a strong stomach. Over the past several days, I've watched the nine episodes of Sex House, a web show produced by The Onion which can be found on YouTube. (Search for "Sex House Episode 1.") Don't get excited - this is one of the least sexy things you'll ever watch, if you're brave enough to watch. It's a parody of sleazy reality TV shows - the premise is that three men and three women are put into a house with nothing to do except party and have sex. It's pretty funny - at first, anyway. Pretty soon it starts to get disturbing. Very little sex happens, and what does happen is kind of creepy. (You see about as much as you would see on a broadcast TV show.) There's lots of alcohol in the house, but very little food. Soon the "players" are malnourished, depressed, and desperate. And things go downhill from there.

The last couple of episodes are truly horrifying - they're not funny at all, except in some sort of outrageous, meta-humor way. But they're the logical conclusion to what has happened up to that point. By then you know the characters and... well, want them to survive.

All nine episodes will take you about an hour to watch, I think. If a reality TV show produced by Dante sounds fun to you, watch Sex House. If not, stay away. I'm worried that I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

Edited by jeffcrom

The first episodes of two new mini series from ITV.

Mrs Biggs

biggs300.png

Excellent start,the leads are totally believable, the settings authentic looking and the story most interesting.

The Bletchley Circle

375932_10151194266781075_577582997_n.jpg

Four ex code breakers team up for a spot of crime solving. This was very good too. ITV are on a roll.

Iron Maiden - Behind The Beast (from the En Vivo blu-ray)

Cool documentary of the 2011 Final Frontier world tour, what makes this different than most music documentaries is the focus is on the crew. It's nice to have interviews with all the sound engineers, lighting engineers, stage techs, guitar techs and production designers that put together a show of the magnitude Iron Maiden lugs around all over the world. I was amazed to find out that Maiden's FOH engineer has been with the band since 1979! From tiny clubs in London to 60,000 seat stadiums...quite a career!