What Are You Watching

Breaking Bad is superb, don't give up after a few episodes, it really does take off into mouth watering storytelling .

I'm starting to connect with it now (on episode 5).

Now at some point I need to go back and give Mad Men another shot, I've started watching that series twice (a couple years apart) and ended up bailing on it both times. I really dislike most of the characters on that show, makes it really hard to connect with.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over several days, Ken Burn's The Civil War , the whole series. Again as a non American I realised how little I really knew about this seminal historic event.

I thought it tended to go on a bit but when ever it seemed in danger of slipping into tedium it was rescued by Shelby Foote.Shelby_Foote.jpg Love his folksy anecotes.

PS The Following was awful. I like Kevin Bacon but the programme was bad news.

Edited by kinuta

Justified season 4. Still great.

What a contrast with that new FOX show, The Following. Just awful.

Watched this show right up until another "follower", training to be a serial killer, killed a bunch of dogs. Turned it off and will never watch again. Disgusting show irresponsibly trying to be shocking. Hope it's off the air soon.

The Following is very grim (it got much worse after the dog scene btw), but I will at least watch a couple more episodes to see how it progresses. When the show is based around a serial killer it's kind of hard to make it light and fluffy and feel accurate.

Right now I'm watching Continuum on Syfy.

Rather you than me mate, keep us posted on the latest grim nastiness.

Be sure to check out Channel 4 ' Utopia', although the ' we have ways of making you talk' scene surpasses anything in The Following or Zero Dark Thirty.

Watching a few episodes from Season 1 of Law & Order. Waybackmachine.png

Edited by kinuta

Homeland - Season One

I'm a big fan of Damian Lewis, he does not disappoint in this show.

Found season one of 'Homeland' compelling viewing, very powerful.

Agree about Damian Lewis, just saw him in the recent film 'The Sweeney' and it was strange to hear him talking in a London accent!

Homeland - Season One

I'm a big fan of Damian Lewis, he does not disappoint in this show.

Found season one of 'Homeland' compelling viewing, very powerful.

Agree about Damian Lewis, just saw him in the recent film 'The Sweeney' and it was strange to hear him talking in a London accent!

Did you watch him as Soames Forsyte in The Forsyte Saga remake? The original with Eric Porter is probably the definitive take but Damian Lewis did a workmanlike job.

forsytesaga.jpg

I also liked his fruit noshing detective in the short lived 'Life'.

bw-damian-lewis-zenish.jpg