What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubicon.

Love the fact that it doesn't play to the lowest common denominator of viewer intelligence. I'm quite caught up in trying to unravel the plot(s) but fear the slow pace and lack of action will lead the studio to do an axe job on it before it has chance to develop. Really like the Gordon Willis style cinematography.

Late as usual but just recorded and watched the entire 13 episodes. Really enjoyed Rubicon and wish there had been a second series to answer at least a few of the unanswered questions!

Been watching Alan Bleasdale's "GBH". I remember enjoying this when it was first broadcast in 1991, but I've been surprised at how much I didn't get first time round, mainly that Michael Murray's character was at least as much sinned-against than sinning. I seem to recall viewing him as a cartoon villain to Michael Palin's hero. Now I feel much more for him, while Palin irritates me somewhat.

I was also surprised at the general fecklessness of the husband / father figures in the show (Murray, Murray's brother, Jim Nelson and the Michael Angelis character) Amazing what 22 years and fatherhood will do to you.

Edited by rdavenport

Scrubs: Season 5 - 9. I had some time on my hands this week, and so watched seasons 5 - 9, the ones everyone seems to dump on. I happened to enjoy them very much, it's interesting to see how the characters develop and mature in these seasons. I also came away with a renewed appreciation of just the basic humanness of the series. As I've said many a time -- I love Scrubs, it's my all-time favorite tv show.

51RtQjCV2ML.jpg

I recall (I think) Palin saying at the time that he felt that his character and Robert Lindsay's begin as hero and villain respectively then gradually switch places.

Didn't know that.

frasier_9.jpg

Half way through season 9. I just love these programmes.

If you didn't have a job you could watch it every morning on Channel 4. :smirk:

Edited by rdavenport