What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've probably mentioned this British series before, but...................

"Luther" IMO, is right up there, for quality, with "Breaking Bad."

Stellar performances from every member of the cast, both main and supporting.

Clever, involving plots that keep you watching each scene and caring about the characters.

If you liked Idris Elba in "Wired", you will love him as John Luther.

I recommend that you start at the beginning, with Season 1 and follow that with Season 2, ending with Season 3. Important to get to know all the recurring roles.

Don't stop when they start showing the end credits because much of the summing up is done with short scenes, between the credits.

Again, this, IMO, is one of the very best crime series I've seen for years, along, of course, with "Breaking Bad."

See if I'm not right.

Edited by patricia

You're right Patricia, "Luther" is an excellent show. I have all four episodes of the Third Season on my DVR, just waiting for a time when I can watch all four back to back! Loved the first two seasons.

Good plan. Even though there are only 3 seasons, so far, I hope that they continue to explore this character. It would be a shame if this is it. However, he's still alive, as are most of the main characters, especially Alice, at the end of the last episode, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hope that wasn't a spoiler for you.;)

Fans of Luther should be pleased to know that a spin-off show is coming featuring the Alice Morgan character. There are also rumors of a big-screen Luther movie circulating.

Didn't really like the 3rd and last season of Luther.

Watched two BBC shows about real life events from long before anyone here was born. Both are set either during WWI, or soon afterwards. Not sure how many even heard of the first, and I have no idea how they came up for the idea for the 2nd.

The Wipers Times. It's about the Wipers Times during WWI. This is the better of the two of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wipers_Times

Also, the first episode of 6 part series called Peaky Blinders. About a ruthless gang in Birmingham after WWI. They would sew razors into their caps and headbutt their victims, or rivals. The story is slow and somewhat predictable.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2417281/The-real-Peaky-Blinders-Victorian-gang-terrorised-streets-Birmingham-sewed-razor-blades-caps-headbutt-rivals.html

Edited by Blue Train

Watched "Magic City" 1.1 - 1.3 - pretty nice and stylish. No subs, so at times a bit difficult to follow (I'd hate watching in dubbed though, they always have the same four or five guys and gals dubbing all the films and series, it seems ... like Gaby from "Desparate Housewives", or rather her German dubbing speaker, is all over the place and it's quite a nuisance really).

Anyway, missed recording 1.4 but will try and catch the remaining episodes - and if Season 2 will be aired, I'll be in, too. This is the kind of short thing I can squeeze in between the other things I want to do.

Fans of Luther should be pleased to know that a spin-off show is coming featuring the Alice Morgan character. There are also rumors of a big-screen Luther movie circulating.

Terrific!!!

Oh, wow, that's cool indeed! I'm way behind, but we've got the DVD box of Seasons 1 and 2, only caught a few episodes of the first on TV ...

Hopefully they'll air season three on some channel that offers original soundtracks (guess not though, German tv stations are too dumb for that and I don't think Swiss tv ever had any "Luther" on).