What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching collections of Midsomer Murders from our library system. The mysteries themselves are fairly mundane, but I find it very entertaining to watch dozens (actually hundreds over the course of the series) of great English character actors acting in small parts and often seeming to have a great time hamming it up.

I've watched all the episodes up to the finale, will probably watch that tonight with my fiancee after our Thursday night dinner together.

Way over the top but that's part of its charm. I'm a big fan of Ms Henson and she gets to go off like a bomb in this series. My biggest complaint is the Lyon as murderer bit, it's unnecessary, he's already a horrible monster. Surprisingly, I really enjoy the music (was just as surprised at how much I enjoy the music on ABC's Nashville).

Just about to watch last nights The Americans.

Broadchurch - season 2

Hoping that The Fall (season 2) & Line Of Duty (season 3) will come out on US compatible DVDs.

Been waiting "forever" for season 2 of the French version of The Returned. Still in production I guess.

FWIW, I really like Justified, but I liked Deadwood too.

OTOH, Game Of Thrones doesn't do it for me.

So to each his own.

Hoping that The Fall (season 2) & Line Of Duty (season 3) will come out on US compatible DVDs.

Been waiting "forever" for season 2 of the French version of The Returned. Still in production I guess.

As far as I know there have only been two Line of Duty series. Though 2 more have been commissioned.

If you want a really great French police thriller seek out 'Spiral' (Enrages), It's not done 5 superb series, each one multi-layered, gripping and filled with unusual and attractive characters. You also get to visit the parts of Paris that you'd never dream of visiting on your own.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

I've watched all the episodes up to the finale, will probably watch that tonight with my fiancee after our Thursday night dinner together.

Way over the top but that's part of its charm. I'm a big fan of Ms Henson and she gets to go off like a bomb in this series. My biggest complaint is the Lyon as murderer bit, it's unnecessary, he's already a horrible monster. Surprisingly, I really enjoy the music (was just as surprised at how much I enjoy the music on ABC's Nashville).

Just about to watch last nights The Americans.

Yeah, Empire is one wildly entertaining show, a sort of King Lear for the Hip Hop generation!

Also watching one of my favourite shows of recent years on DVD, The Good Wife season 4.

Broadchurch - season 2

FWIW, I really like Justified, but I liked Deadwood too.

OTOH, Game Of Thrones doesn't do it for me.

So to each his own.

Oh I really like Deadwood, watched the whole series on Blu-ray. Oliphant didn't do much for me but there were so many other great performances.

I like Game of Thrones on Blu-ray . . . entertaining, I don't take it too seriously.

As far as I know there have only been two Line of Duty series. Though 2 more have been commissioned.

If you want a really great French police thriller seek out 'Spiral' (Enrages), It's not done 5 superb series, each one multi-layered, gripping and filled with unusual and attractive characters. You also get to visit the parts of Paris that you'd never dream of visiting on your own.

Engrenages (downward spiral), not Enragés (enraged) :D

I mostly enjoy the slow moving Maigret and Nestor Burma but I have stopped watching any French police thrillers since the dreadful Navarro, Julie Lescaut or Commissaire Moulin series.