What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvel's DareDevil

daredevil-bloody-knucles.jpg

Wow, didn't see this one coming.

A dark and violent noir masquerading as a comic book superhero show.

I thought the first two episodes were very good indeed and totally eclipse shows like the camp and unwatchable Gotham.

Forget the silly superheroes who don't get their hair mussed, this is the real mcoy.

:tup

Yes, it's an excellent series. Not just good for a superhero show, but one of the better dramatic series I've seen this year.

The series is run by Drew Goddard (Cabin In The Woods, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, LOST, Cloverfield) and Steven S. DeKnight (Angel, Smallville, Dollhouse, Spartacus).

Already renewed for season 2.

The_Good_Wife_-_The_5th_Season.jpg

The 'Hitting the Fan' episode - wow! Some of the best TV I've seen in ages. The Alisha/Will confrontation was electric.

1000.jpg

"Question Time" with the three main UK party leaders.

Rottweiler audience in Leeds! Might dislike everything two of them stand for but have to admire the way all three took it without crumbling (or denouncing the audience and BBC!!!).

Edited by A Lark Ascending

• 2 weeks later...

Mad Men Season one

Mad-Men-season-one-episod-006.jpg

With the final episode coming up I thought it was a good time to go back and slowly rewatch it from the beginning, something I've never done.

I was surprised how much more I enjoyed it knowing how it develops.

I'd call it richly rewarding tv.

The season finale of Better Call Saul. This show surprised me being different than I anticipated, and excellent.

Yes, I was very pleased with it. I went in just hoping it wouldn't entirely suck, but was astounded by how good it was. The penultimate episode, "Pimento," is a masterpiece. I just wish that the seasons had more than 10 episodes. 13 would be good, 12 would be good, but 10 just doesn't seem like enough.

Series Finale for Mad Men. Interesting. Not what I expected, nothing wrong with that.

Been watching this fluffy entertaining series on Blu-ray. Watched part of it on broadcast, but El Rey comes in with a crappy standard def pic on my cable, and the series looks so much better on disc. This is one of the few vampire/horror story lines I've ever really liked, and the series fleshes it out in watchable ways for me. Plus. . . there's Eisa Gonzalez. Season Two to start later this year.

santanico3.jpg

Edited by jazzbo

The Flash (CW). I like it, old-school, "gee-whiz" style superhero show that brings back memories of Saturday Morning cartoons in the 1970s. Daredevil was finally the "superhero as an adult TV show" series and we needed that badly...but I think we also need just a pure, fun, pop confection like The Flash to balance out the spectrum, fun and frothy and not concerned with taking itself seriously.

Community (Yahoo! Screen). Paintball episode last night, another good one. I'm glad we got this season, I doubt seriously there will be another because it's going to be too hard to keep these actors under contract (they only signed for a single season), so I'm enjoying what will likely be the final appearances of the Greendale gang.

iZombie (CW) - Took a few episodes to get the tone right, but now it's clicking nicely in the "what if Veronica Mars existed in the Buffy universe?" mold. Lead actress Rose McIver is very appealing.

Watched Game of Thrones, Season 3. Whoa.

Watching Nash Bridges Season 3. I can't help it, I like Nash Bridges. . . just a fun show. Cheech and Jeff Perry and in this season Kelly Hu. . . fun characters and a few good actors.

Finished Series 5 of 'The Good Wife' last week. Excellent series all round though how you'd live with so many twists inyour life I don't know. And do take-overs happen that frequently? I know, it's fiction. Very enjoyable.

Just started 'House of Cards' (the Andorran version). Saw the original back in 1990 and was a bit sceptical of another rewrite. But this is proving to be excellent. I'm not up on the intricacies of how steering and lobbying happens in US government so it takes some following in places; but it has me gripped.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

• 2 weeks later...