What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hannibal.  Definitely the best series on broadcast TV, nothing else even comes remotely close to be honest.  

I think 'The Good Wife' is better.

Currently watching season 5.

I like The Good Wife a lot, but it's going downhill imo and Hannibal has such incredible production it's almost in a class of its own in TVland.

1864 - Ole Bonedal (2014) Danish tv series.

51qtCJECxLL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Slow in the initial set up and not sure about the flashback framing but no denying it's emotional and visual impact.

The battle scenes are, and I choose my words carefully, worthy of Kubrick and quite exceptionally well done, especially for a tv series, with the technologically advanced Prussian artilllery bombardment frighteningly depicted. Scathingly shows the hubris and fairy tale naivety of the inept and amateurish Danish political establishment. They literally had no idea what they had started.

Recommended, dodgy flashback framing notwithstanding.

So wanted to watch the premier of "Humans" (AMC) this morning but didn't have time to watch it all and didn't want to only watch two-thirds of it. Will watch it this afternoon. Looks great!

Yesterday I watched two episodes of the goofy sixth season of "Nash Bridges."

Watching "Humans." Promising new show!

Very Phil Dickian.

WATCHhumans.jpg

I enjoyed it, good stuff that exceeded my minimal expectations.

The ordinary looking , techno light present day British setting worked well, the absence of the ubiquitous all American hero type lead and assistant hotty was welcome too.

I thought William Hurt's new upgraded NHS model was very droll, complete with bureaucrat speak software.

We can also watch without fear of some corporate jobsworth axing it because of low ratings !

BTW, what's with the double spacing on the new board software ?

1306071241411_l.jpg

Inspector Lewis set 7

Ah, I'm a fan as well. Did you also watch Morse?

Yes. And I'm going to start watching them again in the very near future.

I don't think I've ever seen one quite like Morse. There are some pretty good Skandanivian ones in this genre as well when you're interested. Wallander to name one.

1306071241411_l.jpg

Inspector Lewis set 7

Ah, I'm a fan as well. Did you also watch Morse?

Yes. And I'm going to start watching them again in the very near future.

I don't think I've ever seen one quite like Morse. There are some pretty good Skandanivian ones in this genre as well when you're interested. Wallander to name one.

Wallander was very good. Just make sure it's the Swedish one, not Kenneth Branagh.

I like Morse too but have to admit that the last time I watched some of my complete Morse collection it came across as a bit dated and the curmudgeonery side of Morse's personality that I'd previously been quite at home with seemed slightly grating.

I'd recommend 'Case Histories' BBC 2011-2013.