What Are You Watching

Curb Your Enthusiasm S1 The Interior Decorator

Two simple incidents spun into a complex series of comedy riffs that build like a pyramid.

A classic.

Curb Your Enthusiasm S1 The Interior Decorator

Two simple incidents spun into a complex series of comedy riffs that build like a pyramid.

A classic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

BBC Howards End

Attempting to retell the story in the shadow of the Merchant-Ivory masterpiece is a challenge to say the least.

Great cast,production, set location and costume. The longer running time allows the story to be slightly better fleshed out.

Look forward to the next three episodes.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/nov/12/howards-end-review-timely-careful-remake-class-race

On 11/11/2017 at 9:58 PM, ghost of miles said:

Just finished The Sopranos, now on to this--inspired partly by the David Chase connection, and by my memory of how much my parents enjoyed this show when I was a kid:

81hYZe%2B0smL._SY445_.jpg

Have been tempted to grab it, and it's dirt cheap right now....

some of these old shows, when you think back on them, seemed so corny....yet, when I watch old shows like Cannon, Mannix, Kojak, etc....they wear better than I would have thought....especially the first few seasons....same goes for Hawaii 5-0, but....it had quality control issues. It can also be amazingly bad , both actingwise, and storywise.

Edited by BERIGAN

The documentary The Festival, covering the Newport Folk Festival from 1963-1966, from the Criterion Collection. The performances included are short/edited/fragmentary, but there is some great stuff to see (Son House, Mississippi John Hurt, Fred McDowell, Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee, John Lee Hooker (bonus material), the Butterfield Blues Band, with and without Dylan, Odetta). There is also plenty of folk as one might expect (Pete Seeger, Joan Baez, Judy Collins, Peter Paul and Mary, etc.), acoustic and electric Dylan, gospel and country (Johnny Cash). A pretty fun viewing experience, overall, and an interesting cultural snapshot of popularity of folk music in the early 1960s.

Edited by kh1958

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/12/2017 at 3:51 AM, jlhoots said:

Mr. Robot - I think I'm finally figuring it out. OTOH, my wife gave up.

Good for you.

I was having lunch with fellow boardster JohnJ who also seemed to have it figured out.

I'm with your wife. I gave up the ghost about 2/3rds through season two. It's maybe laziness on my part but I just couldn't be bothered investing the concentration needed to keep up, which really means I found it boring.

Edited by kinuta