What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on a mini Star Trek Enterprise trip.

Season three is very interesting, mainly dealing with the so called Temporal Cold War .

I also watched a few episodes from season two which set up the storyline.

I like sf series that use long story arcs, and, although it may be clunky at times, this one is very engaging, dabbling with time travel and alternate past and future scenarios. It's also a good bit darker than most Star Trek fare.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/StarTrekEnterprise_S3_BLU.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, kinuta said:

Indeed. The Closer morphed into Major Cimes with a very skillful sleight of hand. I'm sure a lot of people thought the ousting of Brenda by big bad Sharon was the death knell of the show.

It seems that the evil Sharon was gradually morphed into the likable character we've come to know. Especially feeling for her in the final episodes. I agree about Rusty - can do without him and his angst-ridden boyfriend. 

5 hours ago, Stereojack said:

It seems that the evil Sharon was gradually morphed into the likable character we've come to know. Especially feeling for her in the final episodes. I agree about Rusty - can do without him and his angst-ridden boyfriend. 

Doubtless the Rusty character was introduced as an instrument to switch the nasty bitch Sharon to the softer user friendly model.

It's a mystery why such an annoying  brat was kept on as a regular cast member. 

Edited by kinuta

15 hours ago, kinuta said:

Englands Forgotten Queen : The Life & Death Of Lady Jane Grey BBC

http://www.dsp.tv/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Lady-Jane-Grey-Card-2-e1510850576220.jpg

An interesting history lesson. The various academics were far more interesting than the awful  graphics.

Shame Starkey hasn’t been back recently to do a new series. By far the best of these Beeb history pundits IMO.

17 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Shame Starkey hasn’t been back recently to do a new series. By far the best of these Beeb history pundits IMO.

Thanks, Bob. The mention of David Starkey prompted me to also watch his Channel 4 programme 'Edward & Mary ; The Unknown Tudors '', which acts as a great lead in to the Lady Jane Grey story.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Binge watching the first season of "The Detectorists".

A gem of a series, already has quite a cult following over here. Series 3 recently aired on BBC, quite brilliant. Sadly, Mckenzie Crook has already confirmed it will be the last but at least it ends on a high.