What Are You Watching

1 hour ago, Dave James said:

I rewatched "Mad Men" a couple of months ago.  Few things in life are as good as they were the first time, but this comes awfully close.  Brilliant writing and a pitch perfect cast.  Choosing from amongst "Mad Men""The             Sopranos" and "Breaking Bad" as the B.O.A.T. would be a tall order indeed.  I'm also a big fan of "Dexter" although, admittedly, it's not everyone's cup of Joe, but my sleeper in the serialized television wars is "Six Feet Under".  

The Wire

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peaky Blinders latest episode.

Earlier in the year I rewatched all of The Sopranos, The Wire, Mad Men, Breaking Bad & Six Feet Under.

Dexter had it's moments but I don't think it was in the same league as the others.

The Wire is arguably the best US tv series ever, in my book at least.

I've watched it twice, the second time with the assistance of subtitles.  

I found the dialogue pretty hard to follow the first time round.

Edited by kinuta

Finished season 3 of The Man In The High Castle the other night—mesmerizing. Rufus Sewell in particular is outstanding. The fourth and final season arrives on November 15.

I really do need to undertake another viewing of Mad Men, which was appointment TV for me while it was airing. Same with The Wire and The Sopranos, though I came to those shows after they’d finished their respective runs. Another show that I’ve never gotten around to but have in the queue is Boardwalk Empire.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I didn't make it past the first episode. Did they decide whether demons are real or not, or is that the series premise?

The premise is just that. I think it's well done by the team behind The Good Fight.

It's off the wall , but quite well written and performed with conviction and humour.

On 10/7/2019 at 0:55 PM, duaneiac said:

I've been watching old episode of Match Game on YouTube and this segment from one episode has got to be one of the funniest game show moments of all time.

Joyce Bulifant with that black hair is not even slightly unattractive!

I hate to sound like one of those old geezers who say "they sure don't make 'em like that anymore", but it certainly has been years since I laughed this hard at any sketch comedy show I've seen on TV  This is a brilliant combination of very clever writing and very talented performers.  Harvey Korman doing a wonderful pseudo-Rex Harrison singing a faux Cole Porter tune is hilariously satisfying.  And check out the trumpet "mutes" in the "The Boy In Black Is Blue" number.  It's a very funny, very clever little bit that didn't even need to be there, but thank goodness some one thought it up.

Ladies & gentlemen, I give you, Hold Me, Hamlet --