What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I try to avoid watching the broadcast networks  as much as possible and rely on the print media.

Started watching the French series Resistance on PBS. 

I agree.  I do an hour of MSNBC/CNN at 9:00 Mon-Fri, and pretty much try to leave it alone beyond that, but my wife sometimes wants headlines at other times, and I want to be one with her.

1 hour ago, felser said:

I agree.  I do an hour of MSNBC/CNN at 9:00 Mon-Fri, and pretty much try to leave it alone beyond that, but my wife sometimes wants headlines at other times, and I want to be one with her.

We have to support each other so we get through this. 

A Twilight Zone Season 3 binge on Netflix, including such episodes as "To Serve Man", "It's a Good Day" (sure Billy Mumy can still scare the bejeezus out of you, but how good was Chloris Leachman here), "The Little People" (directed by William Claxton), "I Sing The Body Electic" (co-directed by Wm. Claxton), "Four O'Clock", "A Piano In The House" (weak), "Kick The Can" (one of the best episodes of the series, perhaps) and "Deaths-Head Revisited".

ZEROZEROZERO miniseries on Prime. Nice, well-made international drug smuggling thriller. USA-Western Africa-Calabria-Mexico. Recommend it. No "beautiful people".  Cinematography is very good. 

It impressed m so much, that I'm now watching GOMORRAH on Netflix. I'm on the Episode 2, so it's way to early to tell how the show turns for me, but so far it's feeling like like the Italian version of the Sopranos, with a lot more grit and bang.

Edited by Dmitry

Watched this on TCM last night:

91OOTyd4ToL._AC_SY600_.jpg

Holy mackerel!  I hadn't seen this in 30 years, and I'd forgotten how POWERFUL it is!!!  It whacked me upside the head.

Awe-inspiring performances by Toshiro Mifune and Takashi Shimura.

I also DVR'ed Rashomon.  May watch that tonight. 

Brit low-key comedy series "The Detectorists" about a group of metal detector enthusiasts in rural England. On Amazon Prime. Written, directed and starring Mackenzie Crook from the original 'The Office'.

Check it out!

Edited by BFrank

1 hour ago, BFrank said:

Brit low-key comedy series "The Detectorists" about a group of rural metal detector enthusiasts in rural England. On Amazon Prime. Written, directed and starring Mackenzie Crook from the original 'The Office'.

Check it out!

A rare gem amidst a tsunami of dross on British TV of the last few years. About the only thing I watch !

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching the SUNSET BOULEVARD. I am ashamed to admit, this is the first time I've seen the film, and it is remarkable, easily one of the top films I've ever watched. Everything about it is just about perfect; the only thing missing was even a little bit of jazz music.. Leading women were so much more interesting then than today...

That's such a great film, Dmitry!  I need to watch it again.

There's a new documentary about NYC bookstores that my girlfriend and I were hoping to catch on the arthouse circuit sometime later this year.  That won't be happening now, but Coolidge Corner's virtual screening room will be offering streaming rentals for it starting this Friday, so I think we'll be choosing that option for our weekend movie date: