What Are You Watching

7 hours ago, Referentzhunter said:

surprisingly good movie indeed :tup, .... other suggestions frim his oeuvre ?

• Gimme Danger, a 2016 documentary about Iggy Pop and the Stooges, I haven't seen, but which should be good given his fixation with that genre from Neil Young to the Talking Heads and to Ghost Dog, a movie about a black Samurai played by RZA, which I didn't even know was his. I have the soundtrack and haven't seen it.
  • Broken Flowers, a very good movie from 2005 with Bill Murray, sprinkled with Ethio influences, from music to coffee.
  • Coffee and Cigarettes, again with Tom Waits, Roberto Benigni, Iggy Pop, Cate Blanchet, Bill Murray and others. But it's from 2003, while I thought it was from much earlier. And music's always fantastic on his movies.
  • Night on Earth, from 1991 with Winona Ryder and others.
  • Mystery Train, which is about a Japanese young couple in Memphis and with Screamin Jay Hawkins.
  • Stranger than Paradise, which I haven't seen but it was his second movie. Should be very interesting. It's on my watchlist.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dub Modal said:

RZA did the soundtrack and has a cameo. Ghost Dog himself was Forrest Whitaker. Great movie. 

That's true. I thought about it myself after posting. I had the image of Whitaker's rounded face in my mind and thought is the main character RZA or somebody else?

15 hours ago, Bluesnik said:
  • Gimme Danger, a 2016 documentary about Iggy Pop and the Stooges, I haven't seen, but which should be good given his fixation with that genre from Neil Young to the Talking Heads and to Ghost Dog, a movie about a black Samurai played by RZA, which I didn't even know was his. I have the soundtrack and haven't seen it.
  • Broken Flowers, a very good movie from 2005 with Bill Murray, sprinkled with Ethio influences, from music to coffee.
  • Coffee and Cigarettes, again with Tom Waits, Roberto Benigni, Iggy Pop, Cate Blanchet, Bill Murray and others. But it's from 2003, while I thought it was from much earlier. And music's always fantastic on his movies.
  • Night on Earth, from 1991 with Winona Ryder and others.
  • Mystery Train, which is about a Japanese young couple in Memphis and with Screamin Jay Hawkins.
  • Stranger than Paradise, which I haven't seen but it was his second movie. Should be very interesting. It's on my watchlist.

Hi, thank you very much for your time and effort. I've seen Broken Flowers and Stranger than Paradise, both decent movies in my opinion but some new suggestions here. From the three movies i've seen so far 'Down by Law' stands out a little bit.

Keep watching !!!!

7 hours ago, Referentzhunter said:

From the three movies i've seen so far 'Down by Law' stands out a little bit.

Yes, I also like it very much. Maybe the most. I first saw it in the 80s, when it came out. And one or two years ago I saw it again, as I pointed out, and liked it perhaps even more than the first time around. The triple headlining cast is hilarious, to say the least. And perhaps there are more of his movies I've seen and enjoyed. This was just a short sample.