What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

Love this film!  Have you compared the European version with the US AIP version?  I prefer the US version with the score by Thee Great Les Baxter.

i've seen the movie in Italien language and English dubbed language (American production). Haven't compared/analyzed them. 

6 hours ago, Referentzhunter said:

i've seen the movie in Italien language and English dubbed language (American production). Haven't compared/analyzed them. 

I think there are differences in content between the Euro and AIP versions.  And Baxter's score is just fantastic.  Every October, I listen to stuff like that for Halloween.  

12 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

Batman - Chad & Jeremy episode, with Julie Newmar as Catwoman.

The building climbing sequence featured a cameo by DON HO!!!

As a kid, the Batman episode that features Leslie Gore singing "California Nights" was one of my favorites, also with Julie Newmar _- I almost said "as" but we all know Julie Newmar IS Catwoman.

In my ongoing Password addiction, I just loved the way Lena Horne says the secret word here:

I suppose Goodson & Todman deserve some credit for doing their part by airing a racially integrated game like this.  In 1963, I would guess this episode did not air in some television markets, since it presents a black woman as the equal partner ( if any one could equal Lena Horne) of the white contestants.

9 hours ago, duaneiac said:

As a kid, the Batman episode that features Leslie Gore singing "California Nights" was one of my favorites, also with Julie Newmar _- I almost said "as" but we all know Julie Newmar IS Catwoman.

I have to say, I love all three of the Catwomen in different ways.  It took a while for me to get Lee Meriwether, but I do now.

Do you have the Batman Viewmaster reels?  I do, and Julie Newmar, as luck would have it, is in the episode that they photographed. 

On 9/7/2021 at 2:44 PM, Teasing the Korean said:

I have to say, I love all three of the Catwomen in different ways.  It took a while for me to get Lee Meriwether, but I do now.

Do you have the Batman Viewmaster reels?  I do, and Julie Newmar, as luck would have it, is in the episode that they photographed. 

Strangely enough, I do indeed have the Batman Viewmaster reels.  That was actually the first time I got to see that show in COLOR as a kid! :D

Continuing my Password binge and my ongoing love affair with Elizabeth Montgomery.  This moment just made me love her more:

That one clue demonstrates what a smart, graceful, classy woman she was.  First, I love the little look she gives Allen Ludden after she sees what the word is and considers her options.  Mr. Ludden rashly assumes he knows what barnyard term Ms. Montgomery is going to offer up as a clue -- he even gives her special TV dispensation to do so --, but she is having none of it.  "That's not a word I would ever use on my own program and I certainly won't use it as a guest on some one else's program, either", she seems to think.  I love the way she says "eye-ther".  I'm an "eee-ther" pronouncer myself and I usually think "eye-ther" pronouncers are pretentious jerks.  But the way Ms. Montgomery says it sounds so natural, so effortlessly natural, for her.  Then she comes up with her alternate word clue so she can avoid saying that other crass word, Mr. Ludden (and the folks at home now) was expecting.  Myself, I'da said "mule", but she goes for "burro"  Now also flashing through her mind in all this, she realizes if she just says "burro", the other player might hear "burrow" and say "dig" or "excavate" or something.  So she goes hard for the "boorrro" pronunciation.  She's all in, because either he is gonna get the password from this clue or he's not, but she is giving it her best line reading to make clear exactly what she means  -- "boorrro"  And it worked!  And then Allen Ludden tells it like it is -- and like she was!

Edited by duaneiac

Just watched episode 1 and it was good. It has been so long since I have read the books I can't be trusted as to faithfulness to those but I think there were quite a few liberties taken--still I sense this will be an entertaining show.

Edited by jazzbo