What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piqued by what I saw of The Comeback this pat Sunday night, I went to HBO GO & started watching Season 1, from 2005.

Good god, what a never-ending walk with the demons that is. Comedy of the darkest type, and although we're supposed to think that the main character is a vain, clueless desperate woman (because she is), she's virtually heroic compared to most of the men around her, who are all that, plus despicable pigs.

I can see why it didn't get its audience the first time around, but here's hoping that this time, it does. Strong, smart, and dark. And yes, funny. But not comfortably.

"The Affair" is pretty good, mainly for Ms. Wilson, who is so sexy.

Watched "Homeland" from last night. Poor Carrie.

Starting to watch last night's "Good Wife."

I've been enjoying 'The Affair' too. I wonder how many viewers realise that the two leads are British.

Dialogue coaching has come a long way.

Homeland was intense. As you say , poor Carrie. I noted that it was directed by Carl Franklin.

Good Wife always has been the most consistent, reliably well done show around.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.

I find the two leads in The Affair are not always delivering well accentwise, but who really cares. Nice drama, I didn't expect one of the reveals the last few weeks.

Watched that and The Good Wife last night.

Right now Comic Book Men. :)

Edited by jazzbo

Once Upon a Time (really don't like the Frozen storyline), and starting watching Game of Thrones Season 1 (Blu-ray). I did NOT get into Game of Thrones last time I tried, only got two episodes in and quit. But this time I'm enjoying it more. . . I'm halfway through. Also have Misfit Garage to watch later today.

Peaky Blinders Season Two

Engrossing. When everyone in the show is an evildoer of one shade or another it becomes easier to root for the head smashing, bottle in the face Peaky Blinders.

Tom Hardy is a standout, when isn't he, as The Baker.

Sam Neill a really despicable baddy hiding behind his mask of authority and just begging a grim comeuppance.

:tup

The witty dialogue is one of the primary reasons I watch The Newsroom...or any Sorkin-penned movie or TV series for that matter. That's also the reason I watch Preston Sturges movies and Joss Whedon TV shows. To me, "quotable dialogue" is one of the highest compliments.

I watch the show and find it can be entertaining but the "witty dialogue" drives me crazy. I mean, are we to believe news production rooms are filled with 20 and 30 something mensa members talking facts, stats, data and obscure references off the cuff with each comment or response to being cuter than the other. We've all watched the news. Does this seem even plausible?

Edited by catesta

The witty dialogue is one of the primary reasons I watch The Newsroom...or any Sorkin-penned movie or TV series for that matter. That's also the reason I watch Preston Sturges movies and Joss Whedon TV shows. To me, "quotable dialogue" is one of the highest compliments.

I watch the show and find it can be entertaining but the "witty dialogue" drives me crazy. I mean, are we to believe news production rooms are filled with 20 and 30 something mensa members talking facts, stats, data and obscure references off the cuff with each comment or response to being cuter than the other. We've all watched the news. Does this seem even plausible?

It's a fictional TV show, it's not a documentary. The dialogue is punched up for entertainment purposes...and I'm entertained by it.