What Are You Watching

I was entertained by the Sloan Sabbith skewering of the social media/citizen journalist guy, because I find truth to be quite entertaining at times. YAY!

I'm seldom, if ever, entertained by the romantic banter and the crusading hero underdog stuff, becuase that's less about truth than it is looking to create/exploit s(n)appy emotional vulnerability. BOO!

Entertained by Charlie Skinner falling down, but not entertained by him dieing. Still, metaphor quite appropriate, quite true, not particularly entertaining, but definitely compelling and necessary. YAY!

But I swear to god, that Allison Pil chick bugs the dogshitpissfuck out of me for any number of reasons, not the least of which is that both behaviorally and physically, she resembles - too much - this also irritating as dogshitpissfuck 8 year old neighborgirl friend of my daughter's from back in the day. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

That's two YAY!, one BOO!, and one GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!, so advantage YAY!, that takes the division, but although the division is clinched, there's still the playoffs, and anything can happen in the playoffs (i.e. - Charlie Skinner's funeral that will bring this thing to a close).

Player to watch = Jane Fonda.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The witty dialogue is one of the primary reasons I watch The Newsroom...or any Sorkin-penned movie or TV series for that matter. That's also the reason I watch Preston Sturges movies and Joss Whedon TV shows. To me, "quotable dialogue" is one of the highest compliments.

I watch the show and find it can be entertaining but the "witty dialogue" drives me crazy. I mean, are we to believe news production rooms are filled with 20 and 30 something mensa members talking facts, stats, data and obscure references off the cuff with each comment or response to being cuter than the other. We've all watched the news. Does this seem even plausible?

It's a fictional TV show, it's not a documentary. The dialogue is punched up for entertainment purposes...and I'm entertained by it.

Purely my opinion but I'd have to agree with catesta, as much as I like the show, the dialogue is often hard to swallow.

Screwball comedy rapid fire witticisms are fine but here they often sound phony and self righteous.

Homeland & The Affair 'finales'

No spoilers but there was not much final about either of them, more like a segue into the next season.

Last night on tv -

Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview - Paul Sen (2012)

MV5BNjk1NDE5MDExMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDYy

I know very little about Mr Jobs but after watching the excellent interview I now know that he was a very clever man with uncanny foresight.

Edited by kinuta

Brehda's spent the last 10 days watching Grand Hotel on Netflix...can't say that I've enjoyed it, but it seems interesting enough and very well done.

What cracks me up, though, is that I've been seeing television in Spanish for about the last 40 years (going back to the Saturday afternoon music shows on Channel 11 that were to local what-was-not-yet-called-Tejano audiences what shows like Porter Wagoner & The Wilburn Brothers were to C&W fans, except instead of commercials for Solstice & Stanback, country people always seemed to have some kind of issues with body comfort (and don't try to convince a BC user to use Stanback and/or vice-versa)t, the commercials were for the local mercados and showed pictures of the smiling, friendly staffs, only some of whom were not wearing sunglasses, it used to get really sunny here) and this is the first time I've heard it spoken at any length by Spaniards. Crazy, eh?

On a scale of 1-10, I'd describe it as sounding Crisply European!

Over recent weeks series 2, 3 and 4 of "Scott and Bailey". Excellent TV drama.

Started watching 'The Good Wife' last night based on recommendations here. The pilot episode was ok but didn't have me gripped. But I've taken note of earlier comments that the series takes time to warm up.

The Interview. Sony releasing it online (for a US audience only) meant a 1080p webrip would be made available on bittorrent within hours. :crazy:

http://youtu.be/gKH1PymutJQ

Dutch commercial from 2001.

Edit: 50 minutes in. That commercial is a lot funnier thus far.

Edited by erwbol

I don't live in the US. And this scumbag thinks this unfunny sack of shit isn't worth a cent.

Then wait until the film is legally distributed in your country...or if you really don't think the film is worth a cent then don't watch it at all.

I allocate most of my disposable income to buying music legally. On the other hand, I couldn't care less about what anyone thinks of my habit of pirating Hollywood movies & US television shows through bittorrent.