What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/27/2019 at 8:38 AM, danasgoodstuff said:

Funny, but unrealistic portrait of small town SK.

Yeah, It does have a "Hallmark Channel" feel to it; staying in its lane, never veering to out right laughter, nor blatant bad taste, it's the very definition of middle-of-the-road.

Game of Thrones, Season 8.

Typically this is not my kind of show and it wasn't for a long time until my daughter convinced me a few years ago to start at the beginning. Now like so many, I am hooked.

Episode 3 was intense. Sorry to see Jorah Mormont go and I would have like to have seen the Dothraki in the final battle but that's not going to happen now. Looking forward to see what happens next.

Edited by catesta

Yes, threw me a curve ball with the quick end to the zombie menace, but I'm not displeased. I too took a long time to warm up to the idea of this series, and when I did start watching about four years ago I got hooked, but was quickly disappointed that so much of the energy was devoted to walking dead albeit with a difference or two. I just am not into zombies.

Edited by jazzbo

Line Of Duty finale.  Yeah, right. I think I can say that this season was below par.

This week's Game Of Thrones. Who will drive the stake through  Cersei?

I can't imagine the show concluding with her still on the Iron Throne.

On 30/04/2019 at 1:00 AM, catesta said:

Game of Thrones, Season 8.

Typically this is not my kind of show and it wasn't for a long time until my daughter convinced me a few years ago to start at the beginning. Now like so many, I am hooked.

Episode 3 was intense. Sorry to see Jorah Mormont go and I would have like to have seen the Dothraki in the final battle but that's not going to happen now. Looking forward to see what happens next.

I was also a late convert. When I finally started watching it turned into an epic binge.

12 hours ago, kinuta said:

Line Of Duty finale.  Yeah, right. I think I can say that this season was below par.

I was also a late convert. When I finally started watching it turned into an epic binge.

I have a feeling that she will hang on: evil always triumphs. 

16 hours ago, kinuta said:

Another dragon down. It's amazing how Euron gets a direct hit on first trial with the giant arrow thing and was able to reload and do it again while in motion. :rolleyes:

It's obvious they're trying to cram a lot into just a couple of more episodes. Cersei (and Euron) has to go, right? I don't dare speculate who takes the thrown in the end but I'm pulling for Jon. No doubt the battle of the Clegane brothers is coming.

How about the Starbucks cup mishap? got_pip_starbucks.5.pnge.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 10:40 AM, catesta said:

Another dragon down. It's amazing how Euron gets a direct hit on first trial with the giant arrow thing and was able to reload and do it again while in motion. :rolleyes:

It's obvious they're trying to cram a lot into just a couple of more episodes. Cersei (and Euron) has to go, right? I don't dare speculate who takes the thrown in the end but I'm pulling for Jon. No doubt the battle of the Clegane brothers is coming.

How about the Starbucks cup mishap? got_pip_starbucks.5.pnge.

It's all over now Baby Blue. Was an okay finale I suppose.

It felt very rushed and unsatisfactory.

Dany's 'descent into madness' was terribly badly done and deserved a season to fully flesh out such a major plot development.

The murder and melting of the throne were a damp squid when they should have been a great Shakespearean climax.

Wouldn't the Unsullied have promptly torn Jon limb from limb in bloody vengeance?

The meeting to decide the new boss was unconvincing.

The choice of new boss was awful.

The scene made a fair case for making him king but it felt very weak and had zero emotional resonance.

The series of vignettes at the end were pat, too neat and anticlimatic.

'Nuff said.

Image result for chernobyl hbo

Episode three

Has anyone been watching this amazing mini series ?

Hyper realistic reconstruction of the events and wider snapshot of late Soviet Union.

It's superb, immersive and wonderfully acted.

Highly recommended.

Edited by kinuta