Jazz Kat

What Are You Watching

4,742 posts in this topic

Finished watching Altered Carbon. 

The Good Fight - season 2, episode 3

Manhunt:Deadly Games - against all what I thought were my instincts, this one got me hooked with the southeastern US accents and the lack of "star power" cast.

Narcos Mexico 2. Well done. Machiavellian. 

MV5BZTU1YjlmZmMtMjcxNy00ZWJjLWJmNmEtMGE5

Watching a video. Saw it live in a cinema (how long ago that seems!) upon release.

Watched a livestreamed church service this morning.  We rewatched this last night.  Excellent and profound.  Really about Esquire journalist Tom Junod, and Fred Rogers' impact on his life from their encounters while Junod wrote a proflie on him, rather than about Rogers himself.  

Front Standard. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] [2019].

Posted (edited)

Bad_day_at_black_rock.JPG

On 8/3/2020 at 10:20 AM, soulpope said:

51Xe72PAurL.jpg

Great movie 

Edited by porcy62

Mrs. Maisel - season 3

CNN

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, felser said:

CNN

I try to avoid watching the broadcast networks  as much as possible and rely on the print media.

Started watching the French series Resistance on PBS. 

Edited by Brad

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I try to avoid watching the broadcast networks  as much as possible and rely on the print media.

Started watching the French series Resistance on PBS. 

I agree.  I do an hour of MSNBC/CNN at 9:00 Mon-Fri, and pretty much try to leave it alone beyond that, but my wife sometimes wants headlines at other times, and I want to be one with her.

1 hour ago, felser said:

I agree.  I do an hour of MSNBC/CNN at 9:00 Mon-Fri, and pretty much try to leave it alone beyond that, but my wife sometimes wants headlines at other times, and I want to be one with her.

We have to support each other so we get through this. 

WestWorld Season 3, episode 2.

Followed by MSNBC

A Twilight Zone Season 3 binge on Netflix, including such episodes as "To Serve Man", "It's a Good Day" (sure Billy Mumy can still scare the bejeezus out of you, but how good was Chloris Leachman here), "The Little People" (directed by William Claxton), "I Sing The Body Electic" (co-directed by Wm. Claxton), "Four O'Clock", "A Piano In The House" (weak), "Kick The Can" (one of the best episodes of the series, perhaps) and "Deaths-Head Revisited".

Posted (edited)

ZEROZEROZERO miniseries on Prime. Nice, well-made international drug smuggling thriller. USA-Western Africa-Calabria-Mexico. Recommend it. No "beautiful people".  Cinematography is very good. 

It impressed m so much, that I'm now watching GOMORRAH on Netflix. I'm on the Episode 2, so it's way to early to tell how the show turns for me, but so far it's feeling like like the Italian version of the Sopranos, with a lot more grit and bang.

Edited by Dmitry

Currently watching a series on the Silk Road on Amazon, by a French journalist, called The Silk Road.

I watched Gomorrah a few years ago when it was on Sundance. Very compelling. 

Currently watching season 2 of The Good Fight, thanks to the free month of CBS All Access. I guess I’ll also be taken no advantage of the free month of Showtime also.

Watched this on TCM last night:

91OOTyd4ToL._AC_SY600_.jpg

Holy mackerel!  I hadn't seen this in 30 years, and I'd forgotten how POWERFUL it is!!!  It whacked me upside the head.

Awe-inspiring performances by Toshiro Mifune and Takashi Shimura.

I also DVR'ed Rashomon.  May watch that tonight. 

resizer.php?imagen=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic4

Enjoyed watching this film last night.

Posted (edited)

Brit low-key comedy series "The Detectorists" about a group of metal detector enthusiasts in rural England. On Amazon Prime. Written, directed and starring Mackenzie Crook from the original 'The Office'.

Check it out!

Edited by BFrank

1 hour ago, BFrank said:

Brit low-key comedy series "The Detectorists" about a group of rural metal detector enthusiasts in rural England. On Amazon Prime. Written, directed and starring Mackenzie Crook from the original 'The Office'.

Check it out!

A rare gem amidst a tsunami of dross on British TV of the last few years. About the only thing I watch !