Jazz Kat

What Are You Watching

4,755 posts in this topic

Killing Eve - season 3, episode 1

Just finished watching the SUNSET BOULEVARD. I am ashamed to admit, this is the first time I've seen the film, and it is remarkable, easily one of the top films I've ever watched. Everything about it is just about perfect; the only thing missing was even a little bit of jazz music.. Leading women were so much more interesting then than today...

That's such a great film, Dmitry!  I need to watch it again.

There's a new documentary about NYC bookstores that my girlfriend and I were hoping to catch on the arthouse circuit sometime later this year.  That won't be happening now, but Coolidge Corner's virtual screening room will be offering streaming rentals for it starting this Friday, so I think we'll be choosing that option for our weekend movie date:

Friends Season 1 & Brooklyn 99

Friends (season 1) - Wikipedia   Amazon.com: Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 1: Andy Samberg, Andre ...

I've been watching these two series. Really enjoying Brooklyn Nine-Nine, both are nice stress busters (nice to be back after a Lenten internet break).

I came across this short film tonight about a survivor of the Holocaust. It’s quite moving.

2018 Austin City Limits John Prine show.

KOCO-VIDEO CHANNEL 19

season finale of Better Call Saul

People seem to be kvetching about it elsewhere but I really enjoyed it. Long wait for the final season I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, jazzbo said:

People seem to be kvetching about it elsewhere but I really enjoyed it. Long wait for the final season I'm afraid.

I thought it was fine.

Saw this when it first came out, watched again tonight and enjoyed it even more the second time around:

81Yf5Wy-lUL._SY445_.jpg

This came out when I was a kid, never saw it but it popped into my mind recently as something that might prove interesting to watch... any other board members who’ve seen it?

I watched last week's WestWorld, and I am watching "Let's Go Crazy" the Prince/Grammy special. 

Posted (edited)

On 4/13/2020 at 7:02 PM, saskimo said:

MV5BOTA0NTAwMTc1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODk2

I was one of the producers of their first movie. (They were well established from their tv show by then.  Fun to hang with.)

18 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

This came out when I was a kid, never saw it but it popped into my mind recently as something that might prove interesting to watch... any other board members who’ve seen it?

I was much older than a kid when I saw this.  Like the book upon which it's based it's quite entertaining.  Nicholas Meyer's big breakthrough. 

Edited by medjuck

A bunch of music from my long lost youth on YouTube, the most recent song:

Better Things - season finale tomorrow

Lately I've become addicted to watching Asian cooking videos on YouTube, cabin fever causes strange things...

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Matthew said:

Lately I've become addicted to watching Asian cooking videos on YouTube, cabin fever causes strange things...

Hey Matthew, how about Asian eating videos?

Edited by Aggie87

7 hours ago, Aggie87 said:

Hey Matthew, how about Asian eating videos?

No thanks on the eating! I prefer watching cooking with a wok, these chefs of masters, their woks have to be scorching hot!

Slowly but steadily working my way through Schitt's Creek, and having a blast so doing.

Posted (edited)

Ali V Frazier I on ESPN+
March 8, 1971

Madison Square Garden

New York City

Edited by Soulstation1