What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/20/2019 at 8:25 PM, erwbol said:

Last film I watched:

B6hOjau.jpg

Parasite. One of the best films of the decade.

I borrowed the blu-ray from our library, and we watched it in two sittings. I concur - Parasite is a very good film. I'm not going to say it gave me a true perspective on how life is in metropolitan South Korea, because the film is a product of subjective workings, but I really enjoyed watching it. Korean cinema is very interesting. Hollywood has fallen way down on my expectations ladder a long time ago.

I wonder why the title is singular Parasite, and not Parasites.

Edited by Dmitry

38 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

I borrowed the blu-ray from our library, and we watched it in two sittings. I concur - Parasite is a very good film. I'm not going to say it gave me a true perspective on how life is in metropolitan South Korea, because the film is a product of subjective workings, but I really enjoyed watching it. Korean cinema is very interesting. Hollywood has fallen way down on my expectations ladder a long time ago.

I wonder why the title is singular Parasite, and not Parasites.

Parasite ... because he wanted to make a statement ... in general. Good movie wit a strange over the top ending.

I'm still going through the (original) Perry Masons (1957-1965). I'm up to Season 8 (of 9) now.

These have held up well. The regular actors are all excellent and there are many familiar faces amongst the guest stars. Babara Hale, as Mason's secretary, Della Street, is lovely.

The scripts are formulaic at times, but real life is formulaic, and court procedure follows standard procedure. A lot of jazz (e.g. Red Garland) is formulaic, but that is not a fault.