What Are You Watching

Just finished watching back to back episodes of As Time Goes By on two different PBS stations.

Now, in between catching up with today's Organissimo posts, I'm watching the last minutes of the Knicks & 76ers. I'm not a Knick fan, but their games are televised here and at least they're usually entertaining to watch this season.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw bits of Mosley-Margarito while watching Affliction: Day of Reckoning( I love both boxing and MMA). Shane was just too experienced, too fast too skilled for Tony, who had been looking like one of the most dominating guys at 147 after beating Cotto. Shane Mosley is not Miguel Cotto, Cotto is a very 1 dimensional fighter.

Just watched Antonio Margarito getting the shit beaten out of him by Shane Mosley :rfr

No way!!! You made that up, didn't you?

To be honest, i'm not that suprised by the result, but the ease he did it. On my card Margo never won a round. They tend to put too much stock on the last fight of a fighter instead of looking at the overall set skills and how they match up, the good ole styles makes fights. Margo fights in a predictable pattern, goes forward throws often wide punches, cares little about receiving anything in return but puts enough pressure that the opponents usually wears out

In a weird way the fight with Cotto gave a blueprint of what you should do and what you shouldn't do against the Mexican granted you have some assets like great handspeed, power, stamina and lateral movement, which at this point rules out 99 % of opponents. What Cotto lacked was the slickness to avoid getting caught clean. Plus trading with him in the ropes was giving Margarito what he wanted. Mosley avoided these traps. He was the one dictating when and where they would trade. Mostly in the center of the ring. Anyway still an impressive acheivement by Mosley who at thirty-seven still looks fresh as a rose.

By the way , i learned that he was divorcing from his beautiful wife Jin, wonder if she digs jazz geeks.

jinmosley1.jpg

Edited by Van Basten II

Guess I'd better get the tube on...

You know, whoevever Dokic plays next, I'm rooting for hard. As much as I sympathize with depression issues (having to deal with that problem myself), I'm getting really tired of hearing her "inspirational story" every day. Once or twice was hearwarming. Now it's become heartburn instead...

You guys want to see something really frightening? Next time Patrick McEnroe is on the screen, try blocking his face from his nose down with your hand. I swear, those eyes, forehead, and hair are pure Bush, Jr.! :ph34r:

Just finished the Verdasko-Murray match that I DVR's last night, which Verdasko one 4-6 in the fifth! That's the biggest upset in the men's draw so far.

Excellent stuff!

I'm just glad I didn't listen to the commentators and bet the house on Murray to win it all. Judging by their 'expertise', I must assume that Nadal doesn't have a prayer...

Welcome back Wes!

Is this your annual post, or are you gonna stick around for a while??

It could be my annual post. I don't know. :mellow:

In the last year I played TOO much World of Warcraft, visited a friend in Buenos Aires, Argentina, got laid off from my job (not due to World of Warcraft), went back to the University of Arizona for a semester, and didn't buy much jazz. Now, school's out and I'm sitting at home living off my severance package and personal savings.

Are you sure you want me to post more? :rolleyes:

Welcome back Wes!

Is this your annual post, or are you gonna stick around for a while??

It could be my annual post. I don't know. :mellow:

In the last year I played TOO much World of Warcraft, visited a friend in Buenos Aires, Argentina, got laid off from my job (not due to World of Warcraft), went back to the University of Arizona for a semester, and didn't buy much jazz. Now, school's out and I'm sitting at home living off my severance package and personal savings.

Are you sure you want me to post more? :rolleyes:

Well... we (I think I can speak for Conn, Free, SS1, Buzz & co) miss having you around here! The live chats aren't the same w/o ya.

I hope you're keeping our border safe down there LOL.

Sorry about being laid off too. That sucks.