What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched a whole lot of the new TV shows. I can't say that I liked Whitney. I liked the chemistry and dynamic between her and her boyfriend which shows some potential but I don't like any of their friends, particularly that pervert cop and that abrasive/bitter alcoholic woman for lack of a better description. Some elements work but the show seems a bit forced. I don't know if it will be around long enough to find it's rhythm. (get rid of/find better friends) The Big Bang Theory" was above par and funny. For me, The Office is circling the drain, a weak shadow of what it once was. The show lost it's grip with several story lines including Jim/Pam getting married/having a baby, Pam moving to sales, Daryl moving upstairs, Gabe moving into the office and Kelly being more prominent. I saw the same kind of downward slide in "Scrubs" around or after the 4th year. I was looking forward to Fringe but was sort of disappointed. The show seemed kind of removed from where they left off last season. The cop who was left without his partner seemed to slide into the Fringe division's activities a bit too easily. Breaking Bad continues to be excellent. Only one more season of that show when this season ends soon. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but I'd like to check out Person Of Interest.

new-girl.jpg

Nicely done! Zooey is indeed adorable and the show has a nice laid-back vibe.

Thought that was pretty lame to be honest. We'll see what it's like without Wayens, Jr.

I agree with Lon. Deschanel is cute, even adorable, but she tries to hard to be goofy on this, and it's irritating. And the less said about the three roommates, the better.

The cop who was left without his partner seemed to slide into the Fringe division's activities a bit too easily.

I think there's a chance that this is intentionally so, as Lincoln Lee on the other side was a Fringe agent and in fact became the head of the department. I think there's something about the "merging" of many characters that is going to show combinations of both individuals in the parallel worlds.

new-girl.jpg

Nicely done! Zooey is indeed adorable and the show has a nice laid-back vibe.

Thought that was pretty lame to be honest. We'll see what it's like without Wayens, Jr.

I agree with Lon. Deschanel is cute, even adorable, but she tries to hard to be goofy on this, and it's irritating. And the less said about the three roommates, the better.

I have to agree with Lon and SJ, Shawn. I really wanted to like this show (I like Deschanel) but could not get into it. I think the "premise overload" potential is very high with this one.

The cop who was left without his partner seemed to slide into the Fringe division's activities a bit too easily.

I think there's a chance that this is intentionally so, as Lincoln Lee on the other side was a Fringe agent and in fact became the head of the department. I think there's something about the "merging" of many characters that is going to show combinations of both individuals in the parallel worlds.

I remember one of the "watchers" commenting to the other something to the effect that the cop and Olivia were colleagues/partners on the other side. It seemed more a comment made out of surprise or noting the coincidence than it did an acknowledgement of something that happened out of design. From whom or what do the watchers take their orders? Something or someone wants/needs Peter to be erased from history. The whole parllel worlds concept is an interesting one with lots of areas that can be explored.

Well, "our" Lincoln (the cop, an FBI agent) met up with Olivia in an episode of last season, but doesn't remember that now due to whatever it is that Peter did. And "their" Lincoln was in Fringe and replaced Broyles as head when Broyles was transported missing a few pieces to our side.

The original Watcher that we met allowed Peter and Walter to live by rescuing them from drowning when Walter stole "their" Peter from his world after curing him. This compassionate act by the Watcher apparently changed what "should happen" and he's been trying to repair that damage. I don't think anyone (possibly even the writers :)) knows who gives the Watchers their marching orders. . . yet.

I like the parallel universes storyline that has dominated the last two seasons, but not sure I like this permutation of it as it smacks really loudly to me of LOST Season Six. But we'll see, maybe that similarity isn't or won't be too prominent going forward.

I'm glad I'm not that picky.

I just didn't find it very funny, which sort of dooms it for me. I'm not just content to watch it because it's got Zooey. I wanted it to be funny, kept saying "come on, get funny!" It just got dumber.

But that's just me, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

The original Watcher that we met allowed Peter and Walter to live by rescuing them from drowning when Walter stole "their" Peter from his world after curing him. This compassionate act by the Watcher apparently changed what "should happen" and he's been trying to repair that damage. I don't think anyone (possibly even the writers :)) knows who gives the Watchers their marching orders. . . yet.

It looks like he's acting on his own again with his decision to stop doing whatever he was going to do with that machine thing he made. (Erase Peter from history?) I guess that won't stop him from doing it some time in the future but the Watcher is apparently driven to kick against the goads.