What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was hilarious. Horror movie cliche after horror movie cliche strung together in some semblance of a plot. In about four more episodes they may have run out of using all these tired old ideas and come up with something new, who knows, it's possible!

Entertaining in an amusing way for me. I think some of it is supposed to be shocking, and some of it may well offend or excite someone, but nothing new here. I got some laughs though! May watch the next episode.

Fringe - I gotta say I was pretty bored with last week's episode, I barely stayed awake through it.

Yep, I think we all agree it was El Duffo.

Part of the reason these crap episodes pop up is the inordinate length of US tv series, 22 episodes is far too many per season, the odds are that about a third will be rubbish.

I much prefer the UK shorter running seasons, they seem more consistent and less prone to padding .

The season finale of Breaking Bad was a Wow! I particularly liked how they did that panning shot of Gus at Tio's nursing home just after I said to myself, "Whaaaat?!?!?!?". This very well could have been the final episode of the entire series leaving us with the questions of what happened in the aftermath. I'm left wondering what is going to fill the final season. I'm really not very interested in Jesse's story with the girlfriend and her son. I'm not sure if there's a full season's worth of material with Walt and resolving his family issues. I'm hoping the final season isn't a let down from what has been a stellar 4 seasons already.

I had the same reaction as you Mike. Mine was "shit, I can't believe he survived that explosion!". Then the panning shot....gruesome! (Perfect episode title: "Face Off") The final shot of the lilies of the valley by Walt's pool, evidence that Walt poisoned Jesse's baby to blame it on Gus and regain Jesse as an ally, was a surprise to me. That could be developed next season.

Watched Rugby World Cup action, as the sport is rather hierarchised it's the usual suspects that qualified for the Quarters, uneven France showed their best side against England to have a date in a semi-final that will turn out to be an officious European championship against Wales who won against Ireland in what was a terrific match .

On the other side of the bracket not sure that Australia was deserving of a win against the defending champs but at the end of the day they will meet the hosts the All Blacks who had a tougher time than the score indicates against a good defensive side in Argentina.

Edited by Van Basten II

The season finale of Breaking Bad was a Wow! I particularly liked how they did that panning shot of Gus at Tio's nursing home just after I said to myself, "Whaaaat?!?!?!?". This very well could have been the final episode of the entire series leaving us with the questions of what happened in the aftermath. I'm left wondering what is going to fill the final season. I'm really not very interested in Jesse's story with the girlfriend and her son. I'm not sure if there's a full season's worth of material with Walt and resolving his family issues. I'm hoping the final season isn't a let down from what has been a stellar 4 seasons already.

Oh, don't worry. I'm sure there's going to be fallout from killing Gus. And then Hank will keep getting closer to discovering the truth about Walter.

I watched every episode broadcast of Firefly with relish. The weird thing was they broadcast a few out of order, and I don't believe they broadcast them all! I have the set on Blu=Ray (after having it on DVD) and need to watch it again.

Right now I'm watching Bored to Death, Season Two, it's finally out on DVD and Blu-Ray (I have the latter). I love this show.

I watched every episode broadcast of Firefly with relish. The weird thing was they broadcast a few out of order, and I don't believe they broadcast them all! I have the set on Blu=Ray (after having it on DVD) and need to watch it again.

Right now I'm watching Bored to Death, Season Two, it's finally out on DVD and Blu-Ray (I have the latter). I love this show.

You are right, which is a good reason to get the DVD box set (either regular or Blu-Ray)---it has all the episodes in the correct order, including the three or four that weren't broadcast in its initial run. If they had renewed the show for a second season I think it may have found it's audience.

Also: Re-watched the season finale of Breaking Bad on AMC last night.

Edited by BruceH