What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoying some of The Mentalist S3.

I like to slip these episodes in between serious films.

I'm not sure why I find The Mentalist appealing. His laid back persona conceals a skillful analyst. He is a nice contrast to the horribly misjudged Tim Roth character (r.i.p.) in Lie To Me.

Check out Suburgatory, Wed on ABC.

I say this because my friends' daughter (Jane Levy) is co-starring in it as Tessa, and she's pretty good. I don't usually watch network and definitely not sitcoms, but this seems like it might have some traction.

What's amazing is that she's a newbie. Only had one "real" acting gig before this - a small part on Showtime's Shameless, which I didn't like at all. Suddenly she's a lead on network prime time. Crazy.

I say this because my friends' daughter (Jane Levy) is co-starring in it as Tessa, and she's pretty good. I don't usually watch network and definitely not sitcoms, but this seems like it might have some traction.

What's amazing is that she's a newbie. Only had one "real" acting gig before this - a small part on Showtime's Shameless, which I didn't like at all. Suddenly she's a lead on network prime time. Crazy.

I've watched it. . . She's good. The show. .. not so good, at least not something I'll watch regularly.

I've watched it. . . She's good. The show. .. not so good, at least not something I'll watch regularly.

To be honest.........I wouldn't either. I generally don't like network (or most any TV for that matter) at ALL.

but THANKS for watching, Lon!

She's very charismatic. And if I were forty years younger. . . :D I wish her lots of success. Or maybe not, I wish her as much as she wants and as much as is safe.

Re-watched that two hour Nova last night with my friend Dave. Man that was a well put together program!

Today I'll go back ton watching Season Four of Chuck.

Edited by jazzbo

I've seen for the first time since the seventies, RIDE LONESOME from Budd Boetticher, with Randolph Scott, James Coburn (first time on movie), Lee Van Cleef, Karen Steele, Pernell Roberts & the impredictable James Best on DVD.

A Great western on par with the best of the production from Delmer Daves and Anthony Mann at that period (1959) but with a style in complete opposition with both of them.

Edited by P.L.M

Just watched Case Histories - episode two on the PBS web site. The plots of this series are ridiculous, but the actors are so fine that the plots don't bother me.

Deliberately so in the books. Enjoyed the TV versions but they don't quite catch the tongue-in-cheek of the novels.

Just watched Case Histories - episode two on the PBS web site. The plots of this series are ridiculous, but the actors are so fine that the plots don't bother me.

Deliberately so in the books. Enjoyed the TV versions but they don't quite catch the tongue-in-cheek of the novels.

I'm planning on reading at least one of the books, so I'll found out what the differences are.

I'm planning on reading at least one of the books, so I'll found out what the differences are.

You need to read them as if Atkinson is saying 'now how can I make the next step even more preposterous'. She's got a wicked sense of humour and the characters are beautifully drawn. I loved the relationship between the Scottish girl, the professor and the baby in one of the novels.

The films miss out one of the daftest concepts - Brodie is bequeathed a fortune by a strange woman at the end of book 1; by book 3, after relocating to France, he's lost it all after marrying a woman who promptly absconds with all the money. You just have to suspend your disbelief and enjoy the ride - a bit like opera!