Buying Mosaic Partials

I have (had) my share of Mosaic partials. I have a partial Kenton that I found at a used shop. Well, all four discs were there, but I only wanted two of them. I have a partial Nat King Cole (10 discs) that isn't my cup of tea. I've tried selling it for list price for years with no luck.

The one that's always bugged me was a partial Buck Clayton. I owned this set and let a guy at work borrow it. I wasn't worried, it was still in print. He loved it and was going to buy it. I told him to just keep mine and I'd order another during my next order. Guess what happened? It sold out. By the time I called, I got a partial. Only missing disc 3. Well, as fate would have it, discs 3 & 4 showed up at eBay last week and I was the winner. $20 and it's finally completed. Woo hoo.

Does anyone need a disc 4? :D

Kevin

From an e-mail received a month back, Mosaic still has booklets for all except for the following:

#102 Gerry Mulligan/Chet Baker

#104 Clifford Brown

#111 Charles Mingus

#116 Bud Powell

#126 Johnny Hodges 1951-1955

#127 Cecil Taylor/Buell Neidlinger (one left)

#131 Stan Getz/Jimmy Raney

#133 Grant Green/Sonny Clark

#134 Commodore Volume III

#135 Live Count Basie

#138 Nat King Cole

#139 Otis Span/Lightnin' Hopkins

#162 Lee Morgan (xerox copies)

The booklets do cost $10 a piece.

Btw - does anyone have a spare copy of the George Lewis disc 2 and Serge Chaloff disc 3 to sell? :)

From an e-mail received a month back, Mosaic still has booklets for all except for the following:

#104 Clifford Brown

#111 Charles Mingus

#116 Bud Powell

#135 Live Count Basie

#138 Nat King Cole

Btw - does anyone have a spare copy of the George Lewis disc 2 and Serge Chaloff disc 3 to sell? :)

I have a xerox of the Bud Powell if anyone needs it. I thought Mosaic didn't sell books separately unless you had bought the original set.

I have a partial Jackie although I have a cdr of Disc 3 and a partial of the Quebec Hardee, one of the best sets ever, plus a book to go with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got extra books for several OOP sets: the Bechet, George Lewis, Benny Goodman, Thad Jones / Mel Lewis DeFranco, Ammons/Lewis and the Baker Studio set. They need a good home -- I would gladly sell them at cost ($10 plus shipping). E-mail me at mharbur@umn.edu if I can help.

pm'ed you re that

#104 Clifford Brown

#111 Charles Mingus

#116 Bud Powell

#135 Live Count Basie

#138 Nat King Cole

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Here is the lesson to read the post properly ....I got all excited thinking i could get a nice booklet and got on the phoen and then as the phone was ringing read the 'except' word Doh! :wacko:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Here is the lesson to read the post properly ....I got all excited thinking i could get a nice booklet and got on the phoen and then as the phone was ringing read the 'except' word Doh! :wacko:

;) Yep. Wish the word except weren't there either - was hoping to secure a few of the booklets on the list.