Vitamins....

I take a multi-vitamin daily with an extra dose of C (500mg) and E (400 i.u.).

Compared to my parents who in their golden years have become vitamin junkies, this is nothing. On more than one occasion for each, they have been told by doctors that the vitamins have helped save their lives.

So, are you takin' anything?

If so, what, and do you feel it really helps?

I'm taking some fish oil, some vitamin C, and some vitamin E (because the fish oil can deplete that).

I am definitely sold on the fish oil: my eye sight and my joints seem improved, and I bet my heart health as well (my father practically forced me to take it for heart health reasons; it has helped him, and he's probably right in thinking I inherit all the funky and weird things he has).

The C seems to be helping me get through allergy seasons here; I've only been doing this about 5 months BUT there seems to be less allergy gummy eys, congestion, etc.

I don't take a whole lot of either; when I remember I take a multivitamin as well, maybe about 3 times a week.

I pop a Source of Life in the morning... sometimes another later in the day if I'm feeling a bit draggy. I think the key is to truly treat them as supplements to a good diet, filling in temporary nutritional gaps, rather than using them in place of a good diet.

Edited by ghost of miles

Pretty much just a multi - once a day when I remember to take it...

My mother tries to sell me on all sorts of "homeopathics." Her medicine cabinet looks like a pharmacy - but I won't have any of that...

Edited by RDK

I don't take anything. When I developed tinnitis I started taking them to see if it would help. It didn't so I stopped. I was taking the fish oil for awhile to see if it would help lower cholesterol. It didn't so I went back on the lipitor.

The 'One-a-Day' Mens formula (blue label) which contains no iron. Women, as we all know, need the extra iron...and there's a growing body of evidence suggesting that excessive levels of iron negatively impacts the 'ol pumper in men. Most men who take a standard multi-vitamin are getting way too much iron.

Thanks. :)

• 8 months later...

I take a fish oil supplement twice a day called "Coreomega" which tastes amost exactly like a dreamcicle. I also take a vitamin e supplement because, as someone else said, you should with fish oil and a one a day multi.

Do they help me? Who knows? They certainly don't hurt.

Edited by TroyK