What films this summer are you looking forward to?

"War of the Worlds" by Spielberg.

And also...not really summer, but I hope "The Interpreter" by Sydney Pollack is thought-prevoking.

"Kingdom of Heaven" was a flick I wanted to see badly, but I saw a trailer last night that portrayed it as a love story. I want to see battle sa la "Gladiator." Surprisingly, the new "Batman" looks interesting as well.

Edited by undergroundagent

I'm a huge FF fan, but from everything I've seen and heard I'm expecting Fantastic Four to be a great disappointment. I'm cautiously optimistic about Batman, but that could be very problematic as well.

War of the Worlds could be great, but I've heard/seen so little about it - though some of the exterior sets I've seen here on the lot have looked impressive. (A digression: a month or so ago, Tom Cruise set up a little Scientology booth outside one of the stages - they were offering coffee and snacks to lure the unsuspecting in.)

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory looks godawful, but it's Tim Burton so it should do well.

I'm personally looking forward to Into The Blue... :g

Yes, I think that FF is probably not going to be Fantastic. . . . But I have a sliding scale for these summer movies. If they give some wow factor along with the cool AC and allow a little escape from the weekly grind, they're worth their weight for me. I'm never expecting great art in a movie theater, and so I'm seldom disappointed along those lines.

Hadn't heard about THAT movie but you make it look interesting Ray! ;)

You're all going to laugh at me, but I want to see the last Star Wars movie. I don't expect it to be very good, but as long as it's as decent as the last one, I'll be satisfied.

Whoops, I'm an idiot... Lon put this on his list. So please. laugh at him first. :D

Edited by Guy Berger

I have to see the new Star Wars movie- my 12year old son wants to see it. The last two Star Wars movies were rather dull to me, as if Lucas got caught up in gadgets and technology and forgot about character and plot. That's my $0.02

Fantastic Four might be a lot of fun in the same vein as Spiderman flicks- get a big bucket of popcorn and get wowed! FF also has Jessica Alba :tup

I have to see the new Star Wars movie- my 12year old son wants to see it.

What a coincidence----MY 12-year-old son wants to see it too! We'll probably go with my 10-year-old as well. Can't say I'm looking terribly forward to it, though. Maybe the popcorn will be good.

Actually, I haven't heard of ANY summer films coming up that look interesting...but that doesn't surprise me.

• 5 weeks later...

I love me some summer movies! Great escape from everyday stress.

This weekend: KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. I'm going to see it you betcha!

Last weekend I saw a full length trailer of "Batman Begins" that really increased my interest in the film.

Edited by jazzbo

Went to see Kingdom of Heaven this weekend.

Have a mixed reaction to the film. I feel that visually it was very impressive. I feel that the story line seemed to congest so much into so little time and the personal history of the main character was quite in fact ridiculously improbable.

kingdom-of-heaven-1.jpg

On the other hand I felt they made an interesting character out of the king of Jerusalem, and that their handling of Saladin was majestic and quite reverential and I liked that.

Recommended if swords and sandals are your thing.

Edited by jazzbo