Visions

davidmanson

Visions - an EMIT compilation

I'm going to post this one again since it was ... ahem ... cut off at the knees when it was first posted and only had 3 hits. I am no longer a "newbie" - so I'd like to try again since these CDs are filling up our guest room and my wife is giving me hell about it. ;)

The EMIT series in St. Petersburg, Florida has released a compilation CD of live performances entitled Visions. The disk has a wide variety of styles. A 7-minute duet with Evan Parker and Sam Rivers opens the CD. San Fran vocalist Pamela Z does real time processing via clothing controller device on track 2. Swiss avant-jazz group Day & Taxi wail on track 3. Mills College prof Chris Brown and shakuhachi improvisor Philip Gelb do some ambient interactive performance on track 4. Spling-master Derek Bailey & drummer Jim Stewart improvise on track 5. Ten minutes of the wonderful (and sadly missed) bassist Peter Kowald is on track 9.

OK - I'm tiring out with these descriptions. Davey Williams, Saturnalia with Daniel Carter, Amy Denio and Eugene Chadbourne are all featured on this recording. Most of the performances were recorded at the Salvador Dali Museum. You can hear samples at CD Baby. Verge, NorthCountry and CDBaby are doing distribution.

thanks,

David

EMIT