This was in the local Gloucester Times a few weeks back. It was not even April Fools Day. Transcribed:

Animal Issues:

A man drinking liquor in front of an adopted bird at an Essex Avenue home was the source of a domestic dispute reported around 9 p.m. Tuesday.

The man's live-in, ex-wife called police because he was drinking in front of their bird - which she said he is forbidden to do because it makes their dog mad.

The ex-husband told police he had a couple of nips in front of the bird but he didn't smoke his pipe in front of it.  The woman agreed to return the bird to the shelter the next day.  Police did not file any  charges for the incident.

(and this just below)

A dead beaver was found on the side of Essex Avenue around 8 a.m. yesterday.  Animal control was notified of the situation.

:wacko:

:g

A dead beaver was found on the side of Essex Avenue around 8 a.m. yesterday.  Animal control was notified of the situation.

I didn't even think to call animal control when this happened to me. I just decided to end the relationship.

Damn; I'm gonna burn in hell for that one...

I didn't even think to call animal control when this happened to me. I just decided to end the relationship.

:lol::lol::lol:

When I saw the title of this thread, my first thought was the ascending chord structure of "When the World is Running Down, You Make the Best of What's Still Around" and what a gas that is to play on the fretless bass! :P

Damn; I'm gonna burn in hell for that one...

Jazzmoose,Jazzmoose. :g

I know what you mean. I've been listening to it for about a half hour and I live over 1,000 miles away. It almost sounds like a Luc Ferrari piece.

You're 1000 miles away. I'm right here, very close to the action. At the same time I, like you, can only imagine the police scenes. I'm familiar with all the locations discussed by the Tucson police. At the same time, I feel oddly distant from scenarios that are played out via the police scanner. I'm sitting safe within the confines of my Tucson home.

I just heard that the Border Patrol will need to be called to a local, Tucson, Burger King restaurant.

The Denton (texas) Chronicle used to have a regular column called "the Blotter", where notable arrests were reported. When in college, I remember reading a report of a woman who had been charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell.

The intent to sell part apparently was not too hard to establish, since she had little price stickers on each of the baggies. :huh:

Another edition reported a man being arrested for possession. He was pulled over for speeding. When asked to produce his drivers license, he removed it from his wallet and handed it to the officer. No problem, except he had kept a joint in the wallet, and it stuck to the back of the license. Hmmmm. :lol:

Some people just deserve to get busted.

Edited by slide_advantage_redoux

• 1 month later...

You can listen to the Tucson Police scanner here: http://www.azstarnet.com/scanner/ Sometimes I get addicted to it.

I'm at home tonight. I'm enjoying some hot wings and celery sticks. I'm listening to the Tucson police. :tup

I'm listening to the Tucson Police scanner. Again. :mellow:

I believe your next move is to purchase a metal detector. And some big ol' shorts to be worn with black socks. :)

You can listen to the Tucson Police scanner here: http://www.azstarnet.com/scanner/ Sometimes I get addicted to it.
I'm at home tonight. I'm enjoying some hot wings and celery sticks. I'm listening to the Tucson police.

I'm listening to the Tucson Police scanner. Again.

I believe your next move is to purchase a metal detector. And some big ol' shorts to be worn with black socks.

I have issues. Sigh. :(

I'm at home tonight. I'm enjoying some hot wings and celery sticks. I'm listening to the Tucson police. :tup

I'm listening to the Tucson Police scanner. Again. :mellow:

Go back to listening to your Mosaics, Wes.

My sentimental favorite was about a friend of mine, and the headline read "Hilliard Man Bites Police Officer."

My pal got trashed and was taken in for drunk and disorderly and fought being put in the cell. It took a few officers to get him in, and in the process he chomped down on one of their legs.