New issue JAZZIZ is pretty good

Guest GregM

Good stuff on women in jazz, and you have a chance of winning an SACD player. To celebrate its 20th anniversary, those that correctly answer three easy trivia questions will be entered in the drawing. See page 71 of the July issue.

Guest Mnytime

All good things must come to an end. First addition to my ignore list. :wacko: Let's hope that this Saturday does not go down in Organissimo history as Black Saturday :w

I will admit that I am not exactly Greg's biggest fan (hell I am not fan at all) but he hasn't done anything yet that is deserving of an Ignore list. IMHO

At least not yet. :P

I will admit that I am not exactly Greg's biggest fan (hell I am not fan at all) but he hasn't done anything yet that is deserving of an Ignore list. IMHO

At least not yet. :P

I suppose you're right. That was a bit harsh.

Welcome Greg :party::party::party::party:

The place just wasn't the same without ya.

tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick ...........

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we have ignore lists here.... :)

Welcome Greg.

In a technical sense, we don't. Guess I was speaking about my own ability to ignore and the list of posters that merit being ignored. As a BNBB member from 1998 to the present I guess I've learned who should be on my personal ignore list and why.

But in the spirit of letting bygones be bygones and as this is a new board and a new time and place I once again welcome Greg.

:party::party::party: WELCOME GREG :party::party::party:

Hey guys, I'm not even remotely religous, but even I can't help hearing the following in the back of my head upon reading this thread:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Welcome Greg (Tony Jerant here, in case you didn't figure it out).

Here's to hoping we can all just get along this time, agreeing to disagree when appropriate, and have some fun. Which is after all why we all come here in the first place, 'eh?

Edited by DrJ

Tony, you're probably right. I know I'm thinking of a time that the venom and vitriol was spewed all over the Blue Note Board and a time when any thread at any time could break out into a flame war that was usually political and/or religious in nature. There were times that as much as I enjoyed discussing and learning about jazz, I began to hate coming to the board. So I guess in retrospect, there were a number of posters taking part in that sort of thing

But that was indeed another time and place. At this board, the same basic cast of characters has confined the politics to the political threads. If there is any venom or vitriol therein, I am unaware as I do not read those threads. There certainly has been no spillover to the rest of the board - which has made this a pleasant place to hang.

Arguments will always break out and we will have to agree to disagree. On the BNBB, it seemed like there were a few posters who enjoyed arguing for the sake of arguing and baiting posters into fights with flames, condescending attitude, and incendiary comments. Once again, that was then and this is now.

Edited by Ed Swinnich

I'm glad you've returned too, Greg. I've made my share of jokes at your expense, but we do agree about a lot of stuff, and I'm fair game for jokes too.

At first, I guess I wasn't sure if you were the "Greg" that we all knew on BNBB. I remember inviting you over here on BNBB when it was closing down on us and you basically said that you wanted to go down with the ship.

Glad you bopped up in that air bubble. Welcome back, Man!

Edited by connoisseur series500

On the BNBB, it seemed like there were a few posters who enjoyed arguing for the sake of arguing and baiting posters into fights with flames, condescending attitude, and incendiary comments.

They are called trolls. And all trolls will fear the Fist of Doom!

Some dude on a SF Giants board I check from time to time keeps insisting that they're called "trollers" and that a "troll" is a post meant to upset and bait one into an argument. When anyone refers to a so-called "troller" as a "troll", he gets very upset and snippity. I guess he's just a troll.

Some dude on a SF Giants board I check from time to time keeps insisting that they're called "trollers" and that a "troll" is a post meant to upset and bait one into an argument. When anyone refers to a so-called "troller" as a "troll", he gets very upset and snippity. I guess he's just a troll.

...or a trollop. ;)

How 'bout those Giants?

They're a bit of a frustrating team at the moment. In past years they've been a team that was "just one solid player away". Now they're a team that's three solid players away. They need a clutch hitter in the lineup, they need a innings-eater in the rotation (the inability of four of their starters to ever go past the sixth is getting to be a bigger and bigger problem) and they need a high-quality arm in the bullpen. Of course, a lot of tems would be good if they could have all three f those things.

Guest GregM

Yeah, that pretty much covers it. Just speaking of the current series, I don't think this interleague play is fair. The Giants have to battle the As who are on a tear, while the Pads get to play Seattle. Hardly equitable.

What I'd really like to do is go to Pac Bell park one of these days, sit down with a nice cold one and watch Bonds smack it out of the park a couple times. I've still never been to the new stadium--well, not the inside anyway.

Edited by GregM