Percy Heath R.I.P.

sheldonm

:( I was talking to a friend that knows the Heath brothers quite well and he told me that Percy Heath is doing rather poorly, health wise. I didn't post this to alarm or to make assumtions but more of an fyi. He is due to turn 82 this Saturday and I hope we have him around for some time!

Mark

Edited by sheldonm

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Modern Jazz Quartet was my gateway into jazz. Just the fact that some of you have interacted with Percy blows my mind. I sure hope he gets well soon and for years to come.

I met Percy a couple times; very nice guy to talk with and very engaging on stage.

Mark

Wasn't Percy a fighter pilot back in WWII? Astonishing to think that. Here's wishing Percy all the very best, a great man indeed..  :tup

When I saw the Heath Brothers, Jimmy said Percy was a Tuskegee Airmen in WWII. Jimmy said, "how many missions did you fly, 42?" Percy said, "I don't remember." Jimmy said "stop being modest".

Edited by Hardbopjazz

Wasn't Percy a fighter pilot back in WWII? Astonishing to think that. Here's wishing Percy all the very best, a great man indeed..  :tup

When I saw the Heath Brothers, Jimmy said Percy was a Tuskegee Airmen in WWII. Jimmy said, "how many missions did you fly, 42?" Percy said, "I don't remember." Jimmy said "stop being modest".

....all I know it that it takes a person with big balls :blink: to have flown those missions!

m-