Ayler's Holy Ghost in Vinyl?

porcy62

I saw this last weekend at Amoeba and was scratching my head too. Looks like only three discs so it very clearly must be an abreviated version of the Holy Ghost box.

Your guess is as good as mine...

[EDIT: I forogt to mention that there was no track listing on the packaging. So I can't tell you exactly whats on it.]

Edited by Brandon Burke

Rumor is there will be more 3 LP sets to go along with the one in stores now.

Maybe, I'll get around to e-mailing Revenant or Runt(their distributor) to get a confirmation.

The set is on my short list. Waiting for another good sale at Red Trumpet or

Elusive Disc.

While I'm here.....The new Springsteen is out on vinyl(2LP) In addition, the 3 jazz titlles from Sundazed are finally available.

Edited by wolff

Yes, I've seen the CD box and it's a beauty.

The LP set comes with a poster, postcards, and my favorite, printed inner sleeves.

Hopefully, the interviews(if included) are on a sepearte LP.

I could see getting a Mosaic sized box to house these in to make access easier. I don't like 3LP gatefold sets.

Edited by wolff

Where did I say I was interested in vinyl 'only' for sound? I like vinyl so I can read the liner notes. :D Sometimes I buy it just to support the format. A ton of reasons why I buy vinyl. At times 'sound' is a factor.

I'm already assuming it's digital.

I have plenty of 'digital' LP's that sound good. I have plenty of analog LP's that sound terrible.

FWIW..I e-mailed Revenant, and digital or analog was one of my questions.

BTW...you should really let 4 Men have a couple Nessa titles. they do a great job. :)

Edited by wolff

Where did I say I was interested in vinyl 'only' for sound?

where did I (even) imply this?

Sorry.

It is a surprise to see this title on vinyl. But now that I think about it makes sense. I'm assuming it was made easier by the folks at Runt and their vinyl pressing/packaging already going full blast.

• 1 month later...

Had a good deal on the first vinyl Revenant Holy Ghost. And being a sort of Ayler completist, could not let the opportunity pass...

The sound does not add anything when compared with the CD box.

But the allblack cover of the vinyl set looks great and it has three transparent records inside, just like the original vinyl of 'Bells'!

Well, the LP set is from the digital masters.  Just got an answer from Revenant. She used the word,"Unfortunately".

That answers any questions about my ever buying it. I'll get the CD box.

This seems like another example of LP re-issues simply being CDs pressed on vinyl from people trying to cash in on the LP craze. Too bad.

This seems like another example of LP re-issues simply being CDs pressed on vinyl from people trying to cash in on the LP craze.  Too bad.

Yes, and I do not like it one bit. As much as I want to support vinyl, I'm about done with buying digital LP's. I'll buy a few if I hear they sound great. It keeps pressing plants busy, but how expensive would it have been for Revenant to have the LP's done in analog? I'm pretty sure the guy at 4 Men with Beards would have been happy to do it.

New titles recorded digitally and slapped on vinyl is bad enough, but reissues recorded in analog..... :tdown:tdown:tdown

Edited by wolff