Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Etc. Jazz & Other Concerts

On 1/8/2017 at 8:29 AM, JSngry said:

This is the room. Literally, a room. That empty space in the middle was pretty much all piano.

a56c97ba-d746-4a01-a6b5-340b2c189847.jpg

Made it down for this last night, ended up sitting front row to the right hand side of the piano, about even with the dampers about 3 feet from the piano played by Ran Blake, who is now 81 and gets around with a walker. Seems that he had been in Houston for a few days, and had visited the grave of Jean Tierney while there. Was able to hear the instrument fully from both above and underneath it's soundboard,, as well as watch the pedal work. Believe me, it was as close to total immersion in Ran Blake's music as you can get in a public performance setting.

Two sets, solo, the first one continuous medley, the second broken by a quite startling stop to allow him to stand up and rotate around the room to say hi, thanks for coming out tonight, now we'd like to play, all while really twisting his legs around while holding on the the chair, it was very dramatic. And then he sat down and played the rest of the set, again uninterrupted.and SRO crowd in a very small space, plenty of body heat warming up the room, and this old man is playing piano with a full size knit scarf/muffler/whatever it is wrapped around his neck. Beside Autumn Leaves & Laura, he also played Let's Stay Together & Never Can Say Goodbye, and at the merchandise table in the lobby, besides the usual merchandises for sale, they were giving away free uninflated balloons with the Ran Blake "black bag" logo on them. "Take as many as you want" they said.

The concert was free, started at 5 PM, and although the capacity of the seating looked to be about 125-150, there was still overflow crowd, literally SRO. Even with stopping for dinner on the way back, we were back in Dallas at 11:30.

It was a very powerful, impactful evening. Ran Blake is a very weighty proposition no matter what, but live, at this age, in a venue like this...wow.

So sorry I haven't been keeping up with the board lately, I would've loved to say hello, Jim. I saw you there and while it didn't occur to me that it was you, I felt there was something very familiar about the face across from me .... (I had about the exact opposite view as you, front row/slightly to the right of Ran, front-facing) 

What a fantastic performance in an amazing venue. Never in my life did I think I'd have the chance to see this hero of mine play. Though it should come as no surprise, hearing the clarity of Ran's attack in person is something to behold, the layers of sustain washing over you. The setlist was a dream, I was especially overjoyed to hear "The Short Life of Barbara Monk", and, as is his wont, Ran worked up a few brief originals for the occasion. The loose theme was the moon & the sky (which brought forth "Moon River" and Stevie's "Ribbon In The Sky" among others), as he was supposed to play to an open ceiling, but the unusually cold temperatures forced a slight change of plans. He closed with an impromptu recompostion of "Human Nature" which segued into a "Laura"/"Vertigo" mashup, which resolved into a short "Silent Night". Profound. It was an honor to be there, and I was able to tell Ran "thank you" ... there's so much to thank him for.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, wish I had known you were there as well! Didn't post anything in advance because I had a set of personal variables that could have negated the trip. And then we had some winter weather on Friday that thankfully left like it came. But as it ended up, I was able to ride down with Joe Milazzo and his delightful wife Crystal. Trips both ways were a pleasure, and the event itself was, as you state, profound. Plus - balloons!

Tell you what - next time you see somebody that you think might be me, come on over and say hi. It either will be or won't be, but if it is, I'll talk your ass off if you let me.

Just saw this - I was there as well, and likewise wish I'd known y'all were in attendance, as I'd have definitely said hi. How many board members at a performance constitutes a quorum, anyway?

Anyway, I don't have a lot to add beyond what's already been said. It was a truly remarkable performance, full of power and subtlety, in a perfectly matched room. Quite fitting that it is a house of worship (for those who aren't familiar with it, "Friends" = "Quakers" in the context of "Live Oak Friends Meeting"). It's unfortunate but understandable that they couldn't open the roof; if you've ever been in one of Turrell's other skyspaces, the combination of carefully-designed interior lighting and a changing sky at sunset really adds a whole other dimension to the space. 

We were sitting behind and to the right of Ran, in the back row. When he got up at intermission and turned in our direction, my wife, who works with seniors, said "I know that look. It's 'where's my walker?'" And after a brief pause, his assistant came out of the back room and wheeled it over to him. He may need aid to walk, but when he sat down to play, any perceived frailty vanished as we were immersed in the aura of a master in complete command of his instrument at close quarters. 

February 16, 2017: Shelley Carrol, Scat Jazz, Fort Worth

February 17, 2017: Al Di Meola, One World Theater, Austin

February 18, 2017: Al Di Meola, Majestic Theater, Dallas

February 18, 2017: Joey Alexander, McAllister Auditorium, San Antonio College

February 23, 2017: MVP Jazz Quartet (Bobby Watson, Donald Brown, Marvin Smitty Smith, Ray Drummond), Starlight Club, Walton Center, Fayetteville Arkansas

February 23, 2017: Tutu Jones, Tolberts, Grapevine

February 24, 2017: Joshua Redman, Cullen Theater, Houston

February 25, 2017: MVP Jazz Quartet (Bobby Watson, Donald Brown, Marvin Smitty Smith, Ray Drummond), South on Main, Little Rock, Arkansas

February 25, 2017: Gonzalo Rubalcaba, Laurie Auditorium, Trinity University, San Antonio

March 11, 2017: Marquis Hill Blacktet, Cullen Theater, Houston

March 11, 2017: Bnois King, Texas Musicians Museum, Irving

March 19, 2017: Kadri Gopalnath (Indian classical saxophonist), Unity Church of Dallas 

March 24, 2017: Cedric Burnside, White Water Tavern, Little Rock, Arkansas

March 31, 2017: Victor Wooten Trio, Granada Theater, Dallas

April 1, 2017: Walter Wolfman Washington, Antone's, Austin

April 8, 2017: Henry Threadgill, Scottish Rite Theater, Austin

April 8, 2017: Purbayan Chatterjee (sitar) and Satyahit Talwalkar (tabla), Allen Public Library

April 9, 2017: Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Subhen Chatterjee, AISD Performing Arts Center, Austin

April 14, 2017: Stanley Clarke, One World Theater, Austin

April 18, 2017: Cyrus Chestnut, Bates Recital Hall, Austin

April 20, 2017: Terence Blanchard, South on Main, Little Rock, Arkansas

April 21, 2017: Terence Blanchard, University of Texas at Dallas

April 22, 2017: Terence Blanchard, Cullen Theater, Houston

April 23, 2017: Terence Blanchard, Liberty Hall, Tyler

April 26-27, 2017: Bill Frisell, Continental Club, Austin

April 28, 2017: Dejohnette Coltrane Garrison, Denton Arts and Jazz Festival

April 28, 2017: Makoomba (Zimbabwe), Joey Alexander Trio, Pedrito Martinez, Astral Project, Trumpet Mafia, Leroy Jones, Jamil Sharif, David L. Harris, Septeto Nacional Ignacio Pineiro, New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

April 29, 2017: Jazz Epistles  featuring Abdullah Ibrahim and Ekaya and Hugh Masekela, Kenny Neal, Pedrito Martinez, Delfeayo Marsalis with Uptown Jazz Orchestra, Blodie's Jazz Jam, Septeto Nacional Ignacio Pineiro, New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

April 30, 2017: Wessell Warmdaddy Anderson Quartet, Joe Louis Walker, Little Freddie King, Lil Buck Sinegal with Barbara Lynn, Septeto Nacional Ignacio Pineiro, New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

May 4, 2017: Lee Konitz Quartet, Cedric Burnside Project, A Salute to Louis Armstrong featuring Hugh Masekela, Pedrito Martinez Rumba Project with Roman Diaz, Irwin Mayfield, Donald Harrison, Changui Guantanamo, New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

May 5,, 2017: Terence Blanchard E-Collective, Jason Marsalis,  Louis Ford, Pedrito Martinez Rumba Project with Roman Diaz, Alvin Youngblood Hart, William Bell, Changui Guantanamo,New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

May 5, 2017: Vijay Iyer, Cullen Theater, Houston

May 5, 2017: Arturo O'Farrill & The Afro-Latin Jazz Octet, Carver Center, San Antonio

May 6, 2017: Lucky Peterson, Antone's, Austin

May 6, 2017: Kenny Barron Trio, SF Jazz Collective Plays the Music of Miles Davis, Henry Butler, New Orleans Groove Masters (featuring Herlin Riley, Jason Marsalis, and Shannon Powell), Cynthia Sayer, Pedrito Martinez Rumba Project with Roman Diaz, Septeto Santiaguero, Changui Guantanamo, New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

May 7, 2017: Chucho Valdes Quintet, Ellis Marsalis, Buddy Guy, Nicholas Payton, Walter Wolfman Washington, Bill Summers, Dayme Arocena, Septeto Santiaguero, Changui Guantanamo, New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

May 10, 2017: Branford Marsalis, Dallas City Performance Hall

May 14, 2017: Shri. P Unnikrishnan, Bates Recital Hall, Austin

June 7, 2017: Helen Sung, Cezanne, Houston 

June 10, 2017: Nishat Khan and Gourisankar, Bates Recital Hall, Austin

June 16, 2017: Jean Luc Ponty, Granada Theater, Dallas

June 17, 2017: Jean Luc Ponty, One World Theater, Austin

June 23, 2017: Lucky Peterson, Granada Theater, Dallas

November 11, 2017: Hariprasad Chaurasia, Austin

Edited by kh1958

The 2017 Jazz Lecture Series is a class that meets 9:30-10:50 a.m. and 2-3:20 p.m. in the Recital Hall, room 301 in the College of Music building. Lecture series sessions are open to the public. This list shows only the dates when there is a guest artist. The class will meet on additional days.

Jan. 31 Ignacio Berroa (drums)
Feb. 7 Marcus Printup (trumpet)
Feb. 21 Stefon Harris (afternoon session only, vibraphone)
Feb. 28 Steve Cotter (guitar)
Mar. 7 Ben Patterson (trombone)
Mar. 21 Charles McPherson (saxophone)
Mar. 28 Steve Bailey (bass)
Apr. 11 Andy LaVerne (piano)
Apr. 18 Phil Kelly (composer)
Apr. 25 Charenee Wade (vocalist)

Cuban music at the 2017 New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival:

An historical celebration of Cuban culture at Jazz Fest in 2017!

In 2017, Jazz Fest honors New Orleans’ deep historical connections with Cuba by hosting the largest celebration of Cuban culture in the U.S. since the 1950’s. Over 150 Cuban artists are invited to participate in the 2017 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival Presented by Shell, most of whom will be in the U.S. for the first time!

With Cuban rhythms as the heartbeat, the 2017 Festival showcases Cuba’s extraordinary musical vitality with performances by pop stars Gente de Zona, Grammy winner Septeto Santiaguero, jazz legend Chucho Valdés, timba kings Los Van Van and much more!

On the field, the heart-jumping and rousing rhythm of Santiago’s Conga parade will take the dancing crowds around the Fair Grounds and to the Cultural Exchange Pavilion, the hub of the Cuban celebration. Inside the Pavilion, The Cuba Stage will showcase a wide variety of Cuban performances between 11:30 AM and 5:30 PM every day, ranging from Adonis y Osain del Monte’s explosive mix of rumba and Afro-Cuban rhythms to the soulful hip-hop of street poet Telmary y Habana Sana.

14 hours ago, kh1958 said:

Presented by Epistrophy Arts and Liminal Sound series

Henry Threadgill’s Zooid  
April 8th 2017 8:00 pm
Scottish Rite Theater Austin, Tx

Composition workshop with Henry Threadgill
April 7th 8:00 pm
UT campus: MRH (Music Recital Hall)

https://threadgillatx.ticketleap.com/henry-threadgill/

whoa...

I was wondering about the appearance at Jazz Fest of The Jazz Epistles with Abdullah Ibrahim and Ekaya and Hugh Masekela. The group performs two days prior at Town Hall in New York, described as:

Legends of South African music reunite for a historic concert to tell the story of The Jazz Epistles, arguably the most important jazz album ever recorded in its country’s history. Abdullah Ibrahim welcomes special guest musicians from his youth, and from the original Jazz Epistles band — superstar trumpeter Hugh Masekela, and the original trombonist from that session, Jonas Gwangwa — to reimagine music for his Ekaya Chamber Ensemble. This music was almost lost forever — only 500 copies were made in 1959, buried, and rediscovered decades later after the tyranny of apartheid. These giants of South African jazz tell their story at this extremely rare concert at The Town Hall in New York City.  

So it is Ekaya (my favorite Ibrahim formulation), with guests Hugh Masekela and Jonas Gwangawa. 

• 2 weeks later...

No Idea Festival 2017 

Rick Reed

Austin
Thursday, Feb 16

8pm - 12am / $12-$20 sliding scale admission

Museum of Human Achievement
Lyons Rd. + Springdale Rd. (map + address)

Buy tickets

First set
Lê Quan Ninh
Ramón del Buey
musician x
Robin Williams
Raquel Bell

Second set
Michel Doneda
Arthur Henry Fork
Chris Cogburn

Third set
Henry Flynt Tribute Band
Kurt Newman
Lauren Gurgiolo
Bob Hoffnar
Michael St. Clair
Steve Bidwell

Installation: [PAI]~ Darkness 
by Arthur Henry Fork

Austin
Friday, Feb 17

Buy tickets

First set
Aaron Russell
Kurt Newman

Second set
Lê Quan Ninh
Jacob Wick
Steve Parker

Third set
Film: The Finger'd Remove (Patrick Danse)

Fourth set
Kjell Bjørgeengen
Chris Cogburn

Fifth set
Human Figure: Virginity

by Arthur Henry Fork

Austin
Saturday, Feb 18

Afternoon Program

1pm - 4pm / $5-$10 sliding scale admission

Cloud Tree Studios and Gallery
3411 East 5th st. (map) 

Buy tickets

First set
Ethics of Improvisation as Anarchic Utopia book release. Join us for a brunch discussion with mimosas, tacos, and all things utopic facilitated by Mexico City writer, researcher, and editor
Andrea Ancira

Second set
Mixed groupings with
Michel Doneda
Lê Quan Ninh
Arthur Henry Fork
Kurt Newman
Jacob Wick

Austin
Saturday, Feb 18

Evening Program

Buy tickets

First set
Etched In The Eye
Sandy Ewen
Robert Pearson
Danny Kamins

Second set
Film: Echoes of Impermanence (Meteora)

Third set
Lê Quan Ninh
Michel Doneda

Fourth set
Kjell Bjørgeengen
Rick Reed

Fifth set
solo
Tom Carter

by Arthur Henry Fork

Austin
Sunday, Feb 19

2pm - 4pm / Free with Museum Admission

Blanton Museum of Art
200 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. (map) 

No Idea artists will participate in the Blanton Museum of Art's SoundSpace series organized by Steve Parker.

/ Solo(s)
Lê Quan Ninh
Jacob Wick
Arthur Henry Fork

/ / Duo
Michel Doneda
musician x

/ / / Trio
Kurt Newman
Chris Cogburn
Ramón del Buey

VESPERS (Alvin Lucier)
Lê Quan Ninh
Andrea Ancira
Ramón del Buey
Kjell Bjørgeengen
musician x

February 23, 2017: Stefon Harris, Winspear Hall, Denton

February 23, 2017: MVP Jazz Quartet (Bobby Watson, Donald Brown, Marvin Smitty Smith, Ray Drummond), Starlight Club, Walton Center, Fayetteville Arkansas

February 23, 2017: Tutu Jones, Tolberts, Grapevine

February 24, 2017: Joshua Redman, Cullen Theater, Houston

February 25, 2017: MVP Jazz Quartet (Bobby Watson, Donald Brown, Marvin Smitty Smith, Ray Drummond), South on Main, Little Rock, Arkansas

February 25, 2017: Gonzalo Rubalcaba, Laurie Auditorium, Trinity University, San Antonio

March 11, 2017: Marquis Hill Blacktet, Cullen Theater, Houston

March 11, 2017: Bnois King, Texas Musicians Museum, Irving

March 19, 2017: Kadri Gopalnath (Indian classical saxophonist), Unity Church of Dallas 

March 24, 2017: Cedric Burnside, White Water Tavern, Little Rock, Arkansas

March 31, 2017: Victor Wooten Trio, Granada Theater, Dallas

April 1, 2017: Walter Wolfman Washington, Antone's, Austin

April 5, 2017: Shelley Carroll, Sammons Center, Dallas

April 8, 2017: Henry Threadgill, Scottish Rite Theater, Austin

April 8, 2017: Purbayan Chatterjee (sitar) and Satyahit Talwalkar (tabla), Allen Public Library

April 9, 2017: Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Subhen Chatterjee, AISD Performing Arts Center, Austin

April 8-9, 2017: Kenny Neal, Alvin Youngblood Hart, Lil Jimmy Reed, Lazy Lester, James Chicken Scratch Johnson, Larry Garner, Baton Rouge Blues Festival

April 14, 2017: Stanley Clarke, One World Theater, Austin

April 18, 2017: Cyrus Chestnut, Bates Recital Hall, Austin

April 20, 2017: Terence Blanchard, South on Main, Little Rock, Arkansas

April 21, 2017: Jason Moran, Chris Walker, Denardo Coleman,  Discovery Green, Houston

April 21, 2017: Terence Blanchard, University of Texas at Dallas

April 22, 2017: Terence Blanchard, Cullen Theater, Houston

April 23, 2017: Terence Blanchard, Liberty Hall, Tyler

April 26-27, 2017: Bill Frisell, Continental Club, Austin

April 28, 2017: Dejohnette Coltrane Garrison, Denton Arts and Jazz Festival

April 28, 2017: Makoomba (Zimbabwe), Joey Alexander Trio, Pedrito Martinez, Astral Project, Trumpet Mafia, Leroy Jones, Jamil Sharif, David L. Harris, Septeto Nacional Ignacio Pineiro, Mr. Sipp, New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

April 29, 2017: Jazz Epistles  featuring Abdullah Ibrahim and Ekaya and Hugh Masekela, Kenny Neal, Pedrito Martinez, Delfeayo Marsalis with Uptown Jazz Orchestra, Blodie's Jazz Jam, Septeto Nacional Ignacio Pineiro, New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

April 30, 2017: Wessell Warmdaddy Anderson Quartet, Joe Louis Walker, Little Freddie King, Lil Buck Sinegal with Barbara Lynn, Septeto Nacional Ignacio Pineiro, New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

May 4, 2017: Lee Konitz Quartet, Cedric Burnside Project, A Salute to Louis Armstrong featuring Hugh Masekela, Pedrito Martinez Rumba Project with Roman Diaz, Irwin Mayfield, Donald Harrison, Changui Guantanamo, New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

May 5,, 2017: Terence Blanchard E-Collective, Jason Marsalis,  Louis Ford, Pedrito Martinez Rumba Project with Roman Diaz, Alvin Youngblood Hart, William Bell, Changui Guantanamo,New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

May 5, 2017: Vijay Iyer, Cullen Theater, Houston

May 5, 2017: Arturo O'Farrill & The Afro-Latin Jazz Octet, Carver Center, San Antonio

May 6, 2017: Lucky Peterson, Antone's, Austin

May 6, 2017: Tejendra Narayan Majumdar, Indrayuddh Majumdar, Gourisankar Karmaker (Sarod Jugalbandi), University Theater, University of Texas at Dallas

May 6, 2017: Kenny Barron Trio, SF Jazz Collective Plays the Music of Miles Davis, Henry Butler, New Orleans Groove Masters (featuring Herlin Riley, Jason Marsalis, and Shannon Powell), Cynthia Sayer, Pedrito Martinez Rumba Project with Roman Diaz, Septeto Santiaguero, Changui Guantanamo, New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

May 7, 2017: Chucho Valdes Quintet, Ellis Marsalis, Buddy Guy, Nicholas Payton, Walter Wolfman Washington, Bill Summers, Dayme Arocena, Septeto Santiaguero, Changui Guantanamo, New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival

May 10, 2017: Branford Marsalis, Dallas City Performance Hall

May 14, 2017: Shri. P Unnikrishnan, Bates Recital Hall, Austin

May 20, 2017: Duwayne Burnside, Antone's, Austin

June 7, 2017: Helen Sung, Cezanne, Houston 

June 10, 2017: Nishat Khan and Gourisankar, Bates Recital Hall, Austin

June 16, 2017: Jean Luc Ponty, Granada Theater, Dallas

June 17, 2017: Jean Luc Ponty, One World Theater, Austin

June 23, 2017: Lucky Peterson, Granada Theater, Dallas

June 24, 2017: Lucky Peterson, Fitzgerald's, Houston

August 12, 2017: Anupama Bhagwat (sitar), Jones Hall, University of St. Thomas, Houston

November 11, 2017: Hariprasad Chaurasia, Austin

November 30, 2017: John McLaughlin, Paramount Theater, Austin

Edited by kh1958

Stefon Harris

download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f1%5fAPbkimI

We welcome vibraphonist Stefon Harris as our guest artist for the The Glenn E. Gomez International Artists Endowment for Jazz Studies during the week of Feb. 20. The concert on Thursday, Feb. 23 at 8 p.m. in Winspear Hall features Stefon Harris and the One O'Clock Lab Band. Tickets can be purchased here: http://thempac.music.unt.edu/

The concert will be streamed live at https://recording.music.unt.edu/live

World Music Unleashed 2017

Join us as we celebrate World Music with a variety or musicians and dancers from different cultures and backgrounds sharing the spirit of unity through diversity! Featuring Amazing World Music Band ATASH; Sensational Quartet: Gourisankar (tabla), Indrajit Banerjee (sitar), Indradeep Ghosh (violin) and Tony Monaco (keyboards); and Dynamic Kathak and Flamenco Duo (Labonee Mahanta and Guillermo Tabares). 

Feb 25 at 4:00pm
Dell Fine Arts Center
5901 SW Parkway
Austin, TX 78735

Da Camera has announced the schedule for its series of free events at downtown’s Discovery Green park in celebration of Jazz Appreciation Month. This year’s series includes master drummer Joel Fulgham’s Big Band, brass party band Red Baraat and the trio of pianist Jason Moran, bass player Chris Walker and drummer Denardo Coleman. The Moran-Walker-Coleman Trio made its debut at the recent DocFest fundraiser at Hobby Center. The concert with Jason Moran is part of Da Camera’s Jason Moran Homecoming Residency. The media sponsor is KTSU 90.9 FM.

12TH ANNUAL NEW MEXICO JAZZ FESTIVAL, JULY 13-AUGUST 5, 2017

FESTIVAL LINE UP: TICKETS ON SALE SOON!

July 13 | Thursday | Pat Martino (Outpost)

July 14 | Friday |  Pat Martino (Outpost)

July 15 | Saturday | Dexter Gordon Tribute Project:  Doug Lawrence & George Cables Trio  (Albuquerque Museum Amphitheater)

July 16 | Sunday | Inpost Artspace Opening (Outpost)

July 16 | Sunday | Dexter Gordon Tribute Project: Film Screening Round Midnight 30 year Anniversary w. Maxine Gordon & Steve Feld (Outpost)

July 19 | Wednesday | Jane Bunnett & Maqueuque (Music on Hill/St John's College/Santa Fe)

July 20 | Thursday | Jane Bunnett & Maqueuque (Outpost)

July 21 | Friday | Jane Bunnett & Maqueuque (Outpost)

July 22 | Saturday | Route 66 Summerfest (Rt 66 Nob Hill)

July 25 | Tuesday |  Davina & the Vagabonds (Santa Fe Bandstand: Santa Fe Plaza)

July 27 | Thursday | Ambrose Akinmusire  (John Lewis Celebration at South Broadway Cultural Center)

July 29 | Saturday | Pharoah Sanders & Ravi Coltrane (Lensic/Santa Fe)

July 30 | Sunday | Ravi Coltrane (Outpost)

August 5 | Saturday TBA | (AAPAC 10th Anniversary Celebration at African American Performing Arts Center)

ALL ACTS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

The small town where I have my radio show, Silver City, New Mexico,
has a population of only about 10,000, but it has 30 art galleries.
Last year's blues fest there had Taj Mahal and The Dirty Dozen Brass Band.
Good to see these small communities doing things like this.

That July 29-30 weekend above looks like a tempting time
to work in a Santa Fe to Silver trip! Thanks for the heads-up!

Edited by rostasi