Running s... l ...o... w

kinuta

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More IPS Driver Horror before I was allowed to log in this morning!

Yes, just had some of that half an hour ago. Before it worked alright.

Some of that today. Very slow.

It's pretty bad at the moment, it's very slow and it's regularly timing out - again...

Yes, the board's been having a bad hair day most of the day - better now, it seems.

MG

More IPS Driver Horror before I was allowed to log in this morning!

Yes, just had some of that half an hour ago. Before it worked alright.

Some of that today. Very slow.

It's pretty bad at the moment, it's very slow and it's regularly timing out - again...

Yes, the board's been having a bad hair day most of the day - better now, it seems.

MG

It's more like a bad hair week; it's very, very slow again at the moment, timing out regularly...

Edited by J.A.W.

It's very bad again today (Monday, November 30), especially when I try to open a topic - response time is very slow and the site keeps timing out...

Jim, can something be done about this slowness? It's been this way on and off for quite some time now.

Same again today (Sunday, December 6). I'm also getting the dreaded "IPS driver error" message again...

I intermittently get an error with the Today's Active Topics button and sometimes with the First Unread Post button for threads in which it will give me a pop-up window asking if I want to download the index. If I click on OK, it will actually download the web design file for the page I'm trying to view onto my desktop, default program Dreamweaver. :crazy:

I'm going to move my server / change companies this week. There's a local Lansing based web host that is very highly rated. I'd like to keep "my" money here in Lansing plus I think I can get a better server for less money and be able to finally upgrade the board to the latest version. I'm going to call them tomorrow and start migrating.

I'm going to move my server / change companies this week. There's a local Lansing based web host that is very highly rated. I'd like to keep "my" money here in Lansing plus I think I can get a better server for less money and be able to finally upgrade the board to the latest version. I'm going to call them tomorrow and start migrating.

Thanks for the update, Jim. Hopefully it'll work out.

Been in talks with the local company; its good to know the owner's father! :) He's gonna give me a great deal. The last time I talked to them it was going to be more expensive per month. He's going to make sure we're not going to spend more than $150 per month (what we're at right now) but the server is going to be a MUCH faster machine with a lot more memory and HD space. And the lastest versions of PHP and MySQL so I can run the newest stable version of the board software.

Sweet!