Running s... l ...o... w

kinuta

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if this is related to the general slowness these days (although I think it probably is)...

I've noticed a significant uptick in the last several days, in the number of double and even triple posts. Same thing with multiple copies of the exact same thread being created.

My guess is that in most cases, the original post is just timing out (although the post does work), and then when people hit the back-button on their browser, to try again - they end up posting the same thing multiple times (unknowingly).

Just an observation.

Don't know if this is related to the general slowness these days (although I think it probably is)...

I've noticed a significant uptick in the last several days, in the number of double and even triple posts. Same thing with multiple copies of the exact same thread being created.

My guess is that in most cases, the original post is just timing out (although the post does work), and then when people hit the back-button on their browser, to try again - they end up posting the same thing multiple times (unknowingly).

Just an observation.

Yes, I've noticed this happening a lot. I don't think it's caught me out yet, mainly because the bloody back button hasn't worked, either!

MG

Just an observation.

I've had it happen when I just post once. :rfr

Just an observation.

I've had it happen when I just post once. :rfr

Me too. I've had a single reply become five posts (this happened some weeks ago).

My clock (the board clock on my screen) is odd, too. It's reading 10:10 pm 14 May; well, it's 7:40 pm, 14 May here and, since I'm on the other side of the Atlantic, and the board's somewhere in the Midwest, if the board's clock's correct, it would be 5 am tomorrow here. And what's with the half hour difference?

MG

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like the past couple of weeks, a third of the time I can't get on the board at all (error message) and often it's very slow. When I do get the forums page, it's not unusual for things to freeze after I click a post and also when I try to access another forum. All this with my fancy new DSL. Just curious if anyone else has the problem.

Seems like the past couple of weeks, a third of the time I can't get on the board at all (error message) and often it's very slow. When I do get the forums page, it's not unusual for things to freeze after I click a post and also when I try to access another forum. All this with my fancy new DSL. Just curious if anyone else has the problem.

Same here but on the bright side it prevented me from getting into a stupid row with some other members over a thread.

Damn. This is getting wild. With DSL, Sunday the 4th of June, 7:30 to 8:30 PM MDT organissimo forums are like wading through a tar pit. I think I see a pattern. From "view new posts", clicking "last post" just doesn't work most of the time. Error messages and freeze-ups are common now. Can anybody give me a clue as to why this is happening? :huh::huh:

It's been so slow lately it's just not worth the frustration level any more. I'll keep checking to see if things pick up, but man, it's error after error, "can't find server" and by the time I've checked out everything else I want to see on the net, I've read three threads, made one post, and it's time to turn off the computer...

The database has grown to a size that is causing problems with my server. It takes a lot of computing power to search through a 500+ mb database file with 60+ people connecting to it at one time. Part of the solution is getting the "full text searching" option integrated (which I plan to do soon... it's unfortunately a manual process that will take about 4-6 hours to do) and the other is to get the server upgraded.

I'll keep ya'll posted.