Running s... l ...o... w

kinuta

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I keep getting error messages today like "the page is not available" and the board is frequently timing out. Anyone else having problems?

I get that, but it's a problem with my connection - and it's fine this afternoon - dreadful yesterday.

MG

It's definitely not a problem with my connection, all other sites load perfectly.

messaging is really s-l-o-w today.. :mellow:

Just tried again to reply to a message and function not working..

Got four PMs from you, Randy... the messages appear to be going through, it just takes a (very) long time after hitting "send" for anything to happen. My browser just says "Waiting for organissimo.org...".

We need to upgrade the server. I talked to CI Host about a month ago. It's not going to be terribly expensive (around $200 for the setup fee) but then I have to make sure everything actually transfers over and works. So its going to be time consuming on my end and I'm trying to find the best time to do it.

This will solve a couple of issues: The slowness, which is due to the massive size of our database and the old version of MySQL not really being able to handle it and it will also allow me to upgrade to the latest release of IP.Board, which has some snazzy new features.

Not complaining, mind you, no need to spend more money, just wondering if there was a correlation between the weather here and the server.

It probably depends on what type of broadband connection you have but I could envision a scenario where it's not the server causing slowness, but something on your ISP's end. For instance, lots of rain = more people in your area staying home = more people eating up bandwidth allocated by the ISP = the series of tubes gets more congested than usual.