Is there a new Star Wars movie coming out?

The movie does have a rating you know.

Yeah, but that still doesn't make it any less violent for a 9 year old to see....and clearly the marketing is to little kids as well.

My bad, marketing to kids obligates parents to take their kids to see it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but that still doesn't make it any less violent for a 9 year old to see....and clearly the marketing is to little kids as well.

Imagine you being 9 years old, and told by your parents you can't see it!!!! :P

Imagine you being 9 years old, and told by your parents you can't see it!!!! :P

Yeah, it's a PG13 rating. Thought they could have made it a PG like the other Star Wars movies, this is the first one with a PG13 rating. Thought the violence and graphic stuff was un-starwars-like and needless. But the trend is violence and Lucas is going with the trend apparently. As a parent who tries filter out graphic/violent movies, it's getting harder and harder. Decapitation isn't something I even want a 13 year old viewing.

My son won't be seeing this one. I just rented the original for him to see since he was cranked from all the Star Wars HYPE. Like it was said, YOU try and keep a 9-10 year old boy from wanting to watch Star Wars. Needless to say, it's a sore point of contention around here.

In a world where real people are being decapitated on T.V. in Iraq. It seems in bad taste to say the least.

Edited by Soul Stream

Better than I thought it'd be, but the Vader "NOOOOOOOOOO" came close to p##%ing away the DV mystique in a single moment.

No doubt. You don't want people chuckling to themselves at the pivitol scene in the movie that's supposed to lock Vader in to the dark side. It was cheesy as hell. :rolleyes:

Other than that, I thought it was pretty good, considering what Lucas had to work with (and work against). I like all the stuff at the end that sets up what is now called A New Hope. They even found an actor that looks like Peter Cushing to appear on the bridge of a destroyer. I felt like I was back in the 70's for a minute. :rsmile:

I'm still in the pack of people who think on balance this was a great, fun movie. I also enjoyed Attack of the Clones, despite Christensen's "acting". The rest of the cast however, are the equal of the actors in the original trilogy, if you ask me. And I can even enjoy Phantom Menace, if I pretend Jar Jar's accent isn't in it...

These movies are SUPPOSED to be fun, sci-fi/action flicks. Why treat them as more than that? If you look that critically at the first three, they might not withstand the level of critique-ing that is going on with the newer ones.

Better than I thought it'd be, but the Vader "NOOOOOOOOOO" came close to p##%ing away the DV mystique in a single moment.

No doubt. You don't want people chuckling to themselves at the pivitol scene in the movie that's supposed to lock Vader in to the dark side. It was cheesy as hell. :rolleyes:

Other than that, I thought it was pretty good, considering what Lucas had to work with (and work against).

I think so too on both counts, Joe. The audience I was in seemed to be pretty caught up in the film, and I felt a tangible deflation when the "NOOOOOOO" line occurred. Or should I say--I felt a disturbance in the Force, not unlike indigestion...

• 3 weeks later...

These movies are SUPPOSED to be fun, sci-fi/action flicks. Why treat them as more than that? If you look that critically at the first three, they might not withstand the level of critique-ing that is going on with the newer ones.

I agree. They aren't supposed to be great movies, just eye candy and adreniline boosters. Unfortunately (?) I don't go to movies often enough to fit such things in my schedule anymore. I'd rather go see something that takes a shot at being something more and fails than go see something like this. I know this probably sounds like a putdown, but I don't mean it that way. It's not like I'm 'above junk'; I still read lot's of pure entertainment books, and my god, I've got surf music CDs on my shelves. I just don't bother when it comes to movies.*

*Says the guy with the Indiana Jones trilogy on his shelf; go figure...

George Lucas hit the big time when he made Chapter IV (the first Star Wars). He has gone down hill eversince and I mean down. This newest episode (III) stinks to high heaven. Stiff, silly, and a ton of unnecessary one liners from all the "metal cast."

AND how in the h*ll did Yoda survive those beatings he took???? Wow, the force is something....... :rofl:

Well at least we know why Darth Vader is Darth Vader. The last 30 minutes was probably the best part.

Edited by BruceW

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...